Emma-Louise Fenelon and Tom Beamont secure £850,000 settlement for victims of Beirut Port Explosion - Jun 2023
Child Abuse Compensation Law
Tom is keenly developing his practice in representing survivors of abuse and neglect. He appears regularly at pre-trial hearings, including applications for strike-out and for limitation to be tried as a preliminary issue, and settlement approval hearings. He advises claimants on limitation, liability, and quantum.
Tom acts in ‘failure to remove’ claims in negligence and under the Human Rights Act 1998, as well as claims against those vicariously liable for abuse. He has experience of the tactical issues arising in claims against the tortfeasor.
In addition to his experience in civil claims, Tom provides advice and advocacy in Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority proceedings.
- E v a care home: Settlement of a claim against a care home following the death of a resident, including issues of neglect.
- J v a Local Authority: Claim under the Human Rights Act 1998 arising from a Local Authority’s failure to remove the Claimant from the parental home.
- G v a Local Authority (Bristol District Registry, 2019): Resisting a strike out application in a claim for historic sexual abuse, which subsequently settled.
- A v a Local Authority (QBD): Resisting an application for limitation to be heard as a preliminary issue in a claim for historic sexual abuse.
- C v a Tortfeasor Defendant (Newcastle County Court, 2019): Post-trial application by the tortfeasor Defendant to make use of documents disclosed during trial for collateral purpose.
Tom Beamont acts in inquest into the death of a young mother - Mar 2023
Thomas Beamont looks at the Inquest into the death of Katie Horne in AvMA’s November newsletter - Dec 2022
The 1COR Bundle 2022-2023 has arrived - Jul 2022
Landmark emissions case in the Court of Appeal - Jan 2022
David Hart QC, Emma-Louise Fenelon and Tom Beamont act for victims of the Beirut Port Explosion - Aug 2021
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2021 – Issue 9 - Jul 2021
Latest AvMA Newsletter looks at Funding Claims and Inquests - Jun 2021
Get your copy of the 1COR Bundle 2021-22 now - Jun 2021
Jo Moore, Rajkiran Barhey and Thomas Beamont cover Witness Evidence at APIL Procedure Special Interest Group - Feb 2021
Tonight’s the night for the Bar Pro Bono Awards - Nov 2020
Congratulations to our 5 juniors nominated for Advocate’s Young Pro Bono Barrister of the Year Award - Oct 2020
Inquest into death of toddler from sepsis concludes - Aug 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2020 – Issue 5 - May 2020
1COR hosts Sutton Trust students for an insight into life at the Bar - Oct 2019
1COR delighted to welcome Darragh Coffey and Thomas Beamont as new tenants - Sep 2019
1COR Brighton’s annual Ghulam Hussain Volleyball Cup is here! - Jul 2019
Jo Moore, Michael Spencer and Thomas Beamont volunteer at Roehampton University Mock Trial - May 2019
1COR welcomes new pupils Darragh Coffey, Thomas Beamont and Michael Spencer - Oct 2018
Law Pod UK Ep. 10: How A.I. is set to change the legal profession - Sep 2017