Shaheen Rahman QC invited to speak at the JUSTICE Human Rights Law Conference 2018 - Oct 2018
Shaheen is instructed by the leading firms on behalf of Claimants and Defendants in high value, complex and sensitive clinical negligence matters including catastrophic brain injury and severe obstetric injury claims, stillbirths and infant deaths, TVT/mesh claims, claims arising from death in custody/detention, delayed diagnosis of cancer and nervous shock claims.
Shaheen is instructed in a number of ongoing cases concerning catastrophic brain and birth injuries where liability and quantum are in dispute and in which trials are listed for 2018-9.
‘She is brilliant tactically, very through and knows her medicine inside out.’ (Legal 500 2017)
“She’s bold and tenacious and she stands her ground.” (Chambers & Partners 2017)
“Shaheen is very good with clients. She is a tenacious advocate at court and gets results.” (Chambers & Partners 2016)
“Extremely good with clients and expert professionals alike.” (Legal 500 2014)
“Always strikes the right balance.” (Chambers & Partners 2012)
- CC v An NHSFT : Instructed for the Defendant in a quantum only matter arising from the failure to diagnose a perineal tear sustained in childbirth. Schedule approaching £3 million with claims for loss of bonus, pension and share options. Negotiated substantial discount at RTM.
- CE v An NHSFT : Instructed for parents of an infant who died as a result of a misdiagnosed brain tumour. Liability for estate claim accepted. Claim for mother advanced on a primary victim basis due to her participation in unnecessary treatment causing her psychiatric injury, settled at RTM.
- Garbutt v DB NHSFT  EWHC 222: Successfully defended the Trust at trial in a fatal claim arising from alleged failure to diagnose constrictive pericarditis.
- F v S : Successful settlement of fatal accident claim arising from GP’s failure to recognise complications of the oral contraceptive pill.
- Spencer v UHMB NHST : Successfully defended the Trust at trial in a fatal claim arising from the death of an insulin dependent diabetic following discharge from hospital.
- D v An NHSFT : Successful settlement of estate and secondary victim claims for the parents of a baby who died as a result of negligent management of labour.
- RS v A Private Hospital : Successful settlement of high value estate, dependency and secondary victim claims on behalf of family of mental health patient who took his own life in hospital.
- AP v An NHSFT : Acting for family of a patient who took his own life in a mental health unit. HRA and estate claim settled.
- Fellows v DG NHSFT : Successfully defended the Trust in a claim for PTSD by a patient who self-delivered her child whilst waiting to be taken to the labour room. Claim withdrawn on first day of trial.
- BP v SLM NHSFT : Acting for the partner of a woman who absconded from an acute mental health unit and took her own life. Following the inquest the HRA, estate and dependency claims were successfully settled.
- G v CNWL MNHST  MHLR 24: Successfully defended the Trust at trial in case alleging negligence in the decision to grant unescorted leave to a mental health patient who attempted to take her own life.
Shaheen Rahman QC to speak at Hill Dickinson’s Medical Lecture Series 2018 with Prof. Derek Tuffnell and ENS Representatives - Oct 2018
1COR Public Law Seminar – Life, Liberty & Security - Sep 2017
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman QC appear in Supreme Court prisoner smoking ban appeal - Nov 2017
Shaheen Rahman QC and Matthew Hill speak at the annual Justice Human Rights Law Conference - Oct 2017
The Times reports on Chambers extremism cases - Jun 2017
Martin Downs in new Radicalisation Judgment about protecting older children and vulnerable adults - Apr 2017
Marina Wheeler QC in Public Interest Immunity & Radicalisation case - Apr 2017
Oliver Sanders QC and Shaheen Rahman QC take Silk - Feb 2017
New QC Appointments Announced Oliver Sanders and Shaheen Rahman - Jan 2017
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman to appear in the Supreme Court in prisoner smoking case - Oct 2016
Shaheen Rahman acts for family in pill death case - Jul 2016
Control order upheld following rehearing - May 2016
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman in Prison Smoking Appeal - Feb 2016
Shaheen Rahman acting for the mother of woman hit by a train along with her 3 year old son - Apr 2015
Shaheen Rahman wins ruling on smoking in jail and the status of Crown premises - Mar 2015
Shaheen Rahman appeared as Special Advocate for a Claimant subject to a TPIM - Apr 2013
Members of 1COR acted in the Mid-Staffordshire NHS Trust Public Inquiry - Feb 2013