Date: 11th September 2017
We will be tweeting using the hash tag: #1CORpublic
Registration: 16:30pm onwards
Programme: 17:00 – 17:50 Panel Discussion chaired by Mrs Justice Whipple.
- Detention and deprivation of liberty – Jeremy Hyam QC
- Sensitive evidence and secret hearings – Shaheen Rahman QC, Marina Wheeler QC
- Radicalisation and the Prevent strategy – Martin Downs, Marina Wheeler QC, Adam Wagner
Speakers will include: Marina Wheeler QC, Jeremy Hyam QC, Shaheen Rahman QC, Martin Downs and Adam Wagner.
Breakout Sessions – Law & Practice: 18:00 – 18:40
- Public Powers and Private Lives in the Information Age – Amelia Walker
- Inquests and Article 2 – Rachel Marcus, Caroline Cross, Peter Skelton QC
- Unlawful detention – Suzanne Lambert, Alasdair Henderson, David Manknell
Concluding Session – Questions & Summing Up: 18:45 Chaired by Mrs Justice Whipple
Drinks Reception: 19:00
Hosted by the speakers and 1COR Members.