Neil Sheldon QC and Charlotte Gilmartin instructed in inquest into Prof. Bitner-Glindzicz - Aug 2019
Neil undertakes a wide range of costs work, and has particular experience of cases concerning the costs consequences of Part 36 offers. He appeared for the successful claimant in the recent Court of Appeal of Webb which set out the principles to be applied when a claimant beats a Part 36 offer but does not succeed on all issues in the case.
Neil has acted in a number of judicial review cases involving protective costs orders, and he has regularly acts for the Lord Chancellor in cases concerning criminal defending funding.
- Webb v Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust  1 WLR 3899: Part 36; principles to apply if claimant beats Part 36 offer but only succeeds on some issues in the case.
- R (Litvinenko) v Secretary of State for Home Department  EWHC 3135: protective costs orders in judicial review claims; public interest; claimant’s means.
- Wilson v Ministry of Defence  CP Rep 33: Part 36; preliminary issues; meaning of ‘trial has started’ in CPR 36.9(3)(d).
- Eastenders v HMRC  STC 2036: application of s.144(2)(b) of CEMA 1979 to costs recover following successful claim.
- Lord Chancellor v McLarty & Co  1 Costs LR 190: interpretation and application of Litigators Graduated Fee Scheme; special preparation fee; audio recordings.
- Lord Chancellor v Michael J Reed & Co  1 Cost LR 72: criminal Defence Service (Funding) Order 2007; special preparation fee; DVD footage.
London Bridge Inquest concludes attackers lawfully killed - Jul 2019
London Bridge & Borough Market Terror Attack Inquests Commence - May 2019
Congratulations to Neil Sheldon QC & Robert Kellar QC on taking silk today - Mar 2019
Congratulations to new silks Neil Sheldon and Robert Kellar - Jan 2019
Neil Sheldon and Matthew Hill in Supreme Court over the correct approach to the assessment of medical evidence in asylum claims - Dec 2018
Neil Sheldon wins ‘Public Inquiries Barrister of the Year’ at the annual Lawyer Monthly Awards - Nov 2018
Neil Sheldon and Matthew Hill instructed in the Westminster Bridge Inquests - Sep 2018
Neil Sheldon successful in Court of Appeal in cases concerning leave to remain under Article 8 - May 2018
Neil Sheldon defends the 2012 Immigration Rules in the Court of Appeal - Mar 2018
Neil Sheldon appears in the Court of Appeal in a case concerning the admission to the UK of adult dependent relatives - May 2017
Philip Havers QC and Neil Sheldon succeed in Supreme Court on Art 8 Rights case - May 2017
Neil Sheldon Acts For The Home Office In Trio of Article 8 Supreme Court Cases - Mar 2017
Inquest result announced for Frances Cappuccini, Whose Family Are Represented By Neil Sheldon - Jan 2017
Neil Sheldon Represents Family of Mother, Frances Cappuccini In Ongoing Inquest Into Her Death - Jan 2017
Neil Sheldon and Alasdair Henderson appear for the Lord Chancellor in LASPO case: Rights of Women v SSJ - Jan 2015
Neil Garnham QC, Neil Sheldon and Robert Wastell are representing the Home Secretary in the Public Inquiry into the death of Alexander Litvinenko - Aug 2014
Neil Sheldon successful for HMRC in Supreme Court smuggling case - Jun 2014
Neil Garnham QC and Neil Sheldon are representing the Home Secretary in the inquest into the death of Alexander Litvinenko - Feb 2014
Neil Garnham QC and Neil Sheldon successful in judicial review challenge to the Public Interest Immunity decision in the Litvinenko Inquest - Dec 2013
Nine members of 1COR involved in Al-Sweady Public Inquiry - Mar 2013
Neil Garnham QC and Neil Sheldon are representing the Home Secretary at the Inquest into the death of Alexander Litvinenko - Feb 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2013 - Feb 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2012 - Feb 2012
Kieran Coonan QC and Neil Sheldon obtain block on hearsay evidence in Bonhoeffer case - Jul 2011
New appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels - Mar 2010
GMC’s findings of fact re Dr Wakefield announced - Feb 2010