Clodagh Bradley QC represents Shante Turay-Thomas’ family at inquest - Jan 2020
Clodagh is experienced in dealing with judicial review proceedings, in particular arising out of cases with a medical background such as from regulatory proceedings or inquests.
- Squier v GMC  WHC 2739 (Admin) Mitting J: appeal against the MPTS findings of dishonesty concerning the expert evidence of consultant paediatric neuropathologist, in cases relating to alleged non-accidental head injury in babies (‘shaken baby syndrome’) and the sanction of erasure. Mitting J overturned the MPT’s findings of dishonesty and concluded that they should have made no such findings against Dr Squier. He found that “her views were genuinely held” and concluded that there were a number of flaws in the MPT’s determination in respect of Dr Squier’s conduct. An order of conditions not to give expert evidence (other than in coroner’s courts) for 3 years was substituted.
- Ashton v GMC  EWHC 943 (Admin) Stuart-Smith J: FTP of GMC had not erred in finding that a single incident by a GP of writing a routine referral letter when an urgent referral was required was sufficient to amount to misconduct for the purposes of the Medical Act 1983 s.35C(2)(a). The decision to impose the sanction of suspension was not unreasonable; however, the imposition of an immediate suspension order was unjustifiable and wrong.
- Scholten v GMC  EWHC 173 (Admin): application for termination of 18 month interim suspension order re specialist in female genital cosmetic surgery who took a photograph of an anaesthetised patient’s genitalia without consent. Supperstone J: IOP had not sufficiently balanced the competing interests and, had he had the power to so order, he may well have substituted conditions.
- Henry v News Group Newspapers Ltd & Whittington Hospital NHS Trust & Another  EWHC 1364 (QB): resisted application before Eady J for third party disclosure of highly sensitive medical records relating to ‘Baby P’ (Peter Connelly), sought to defend libel proceedings brought by a social worker.
- Rimmer v GDC  EWHC 1049 (Admin): Lloyd Jones J confirmed that proposition in A HA v X applied to the disclosure of confidential dental records to the GDC for the purposes of their regulatory proceedings.
- R v Anderson ex p HM Coroner for Inner North London  EWHC 2729 (Admin): unlawful killing verdict in Roger Sylvester case quashed by Collins J as coroner’s direction to jury on causation so confusing as to render verdict unjust.
- Bainton v GDC (2000) PC (UK) LTL 3/10/2000: application for leave to appeal out of time from decision of GDC’s PCC to suspend the registration of a consultant oral and maxillofacial surgeon who had been found guilty of serious professional misconduct.
Clodagh Bradley QC elected Chair of the Professional Negligence Bar Association - Jan 2020
Clodagh Bradley QC represents Shante Turay-Thomas’ family at inquest into death from suspected anaphylaxis - Dec 2019
Is this too sensitive? Dealing with difficult issues in Inquests and Inquiries - Oct 2019
Clodagh Bradley QC represents mother in wrongful birth claim concerning Down’s Syndrome - Oct 2019
Clodagh Bradley QC represents family of Owen Carey - Sep 2019
Clodagh Bradley QC represents Mother in wrongful birth claim - Jul 2019
Scope of Duty and Causation: Chester v Afshar Revisited - Jun 2019
International Women’s Day: Joanna Glynn QC, Clodagh Bradley QC, Suzanne Lambert & Leanne Woods reflect on life at the Bar - Mar 2019
Five members volunteer at Inner Temple’s ‘Becoming a Barrister’ day - Feb 2019
Clodagh Bradley QC chairs AvMA’s Medico-Legal Issues in Diabetes Conference - Dec 2018
The End, the Beginning of the End or the End of the Beginning: Erasure, Remediation and Rights of Appeal in Disciplinary Proceedings - Nov 2018
Clodagh Bradley QC acts for the family of cancer patient - Oct 2018
Clodagh Bradley QC represents Osteopathic Tutor and member of GOsC’s Professional Conduct Committee accused of bullying student - Sep 2018
Clodagh Bradley QC represents family at Inquest into maternal death from sepsis - Jul 2018
Clodagh Bradley QC appointed as Vice Chair and Leanne Woods elected as an Executive Committee Member of the PNBA - Dec 2017
Clodagh Bradley QC Interviewed for Comment By BBC South East - Jun 2017
1COR Annual Professional Discipline Seminar - Jun 2017
Clodagh Bradley QC successfully resists strike out in clinical negligence nervous shock claim - Mar 2017
Clodagh Bradley QC wins point of law in Fatal Accidents Act claim for loss of earnings - Nov 2016
Clodagh Bradley QC in Successful Landmark Appeal for Dr Waney Squier - Nov 2016
Clodagh Bradley QC appears in landmark Appeal on Expert Evidence - Oct 2016
Clodagh Bradley in closing stages of GMC case of Dr Waney Squier - Feb 2016
‘Six of the Best!’ 6 members appointed Queen’s Counsel - Jan 2016
Clodagh Bradley acts for Dr Squier in controversial GMC case re expert evidence in shaken baby syndrome cases - Oct 2015
Clodagh Bradley obtains stay of proceedings against the GDC on grounds of abuse of process - Jun 2015
Clodagh Bradley for the family in the inquest into the death of a boy on home leave from psychiatric treatment - Oct 2014
Clodagh Bradley and Isabel McArdle appear in inquest into the death of a cyclist with undiagnosed ruptured spleen - Sep 2014
Clodagh Bradley is representing Dr Waney Squier, in GMC proceedings before the Fitness to Practise Panel of the MPTS - Sep 2014
Clodagh Bradley represented Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in the inquest into the death of Mr Goold - Jan 2014
Clodagh Bradley represented Dr Scholten in the GMC against charges he photographed a woman’s genitalia during a breast implant operation, without consent - Nov 2013
Clodagh Bradley joins 1 Crown Office Row - Feb 2012