Paul Ashwell delivers key update on recent Probate Cases - May 2021
Property, Landlord & Tenant
- Oakley v Harper McKay Developments: Succeeded in establishing the sellers’ right to serve a completion notice on the buyer of an office block ripe for conversion into residential flats and duplexes.
- Defending owner of Grade 1 listed building against Listed Building enforcement action.
- Advising on relief from forfeiture by re-entry of pub premises where assignment imminent.
- High Court dispute about whether covenants allow roof-top development of penthouses on blocks of flats.
- Representing a developer in a 5-day trial about obstruction of a right of way by development of properties on either side of it.
- Representing owner of large commercial building ripe for residential conversion in High Court dispute about whether notice to complete validly given.
- Effect of covenant against development passing to the Crown as bona vacantia on dissolution of corporate covenantee.
- Advising whether a restrictive covenant would be discharged and whether an injunction or damages would be granted for breach by building landmark houses on private coastal estate.
- Representing a neighbourhood group at application for alcohol licence in a prestigious residential area.
Remoteness of Damages – Back to Basics with Paul Ashwell - May 2021
Restrictive land covenants: Paul Ashwell examines two recent Supreme Court cases - Feb 2021
Paul Ashwell rounds up the key commercial and property Supreme Court cases of 2020-2021 - Feb 2021
Paul Ashwell And Tim Bergin brave the Hever Castle Open Water Swim Competition - Sep 2020
Setting Aside Judgment for Fraud and The Disclosure Pilot with Paul Ashwell & Kate Richmond - Jul 2020
Insights from Paul Ashwell & Abha Pandya at Surrey Law Society Private Client & Conveyancing Conference 2020 - Feb 2020
1 Crown Office Row remains a Tier 1 Set in the Legal 500 2020 - Sep 2019
Paul Ashwell successfully represents creditor in bankruptcy of James Stunt - Jun 2019
Paul Ashwell uses waiver to win land contract dispute - Dec 2018
1COR’s Contract & Commercial Seminar with Paul Ashwell and Kate Richmond - Nov 2018
Contracts Seminar on recent changes to the law of illegality and limitation cases - Oct 2017
Members taking part in Charity Swimathon - Apr 2017
Seminar: Consumer Rights Act 2015 and Interpreting Documents Guide - Apr 2016
Seminar / Webinar – Human Rights & Real Property Litigation - May 2015
Members take part in Charity Swimathon - Apr 2015
Seminar/Webinar – Injunctions & Damages in Property Litigation - Mar 2015
Seminar: The Court of Protection, A gilded cage is still a cage - Apr 2014
Our Civil and Criminal Barristers give client care talk to Worthing Law Society - May 2012
Jones v Kernott – Where is the certainty in a world of imputed intention - Dec 2011