Join us on the evening of Tuesday 7th July for the latest talk in our ‘Family Forum’ seminar...
Mediation is an informal, flexible and cost effective process which is entirely confidential and ‘without prejudice’. It has a high success rate.
Where successful, it produces a settlement which both parties agree to rather than being imposed by a court, avoids the delays and emotional expense of litigation, removes the risks of litigation and it can help restore business and personal relationships that might otherwise be undermined by the tensions of litigation. It can be arranged, and concluded, quickly. Our service is convenient, flexible and economic.
There are many advantages to mediation:
- It is a flexible, speedy, confidential, and less adversarial process
- It has a high success rate in a wide variety of disputes
- It is cost effective
- It is a non-binding procedure
- It allows for flexible solutions and settlements
- It is suited to situations where the parties wish to restore their relationship
Civil & Commercial Mediation
Our expert mediators have assisted numerous parties reach a mediated agreement across a broad spectrum of civil and commercial disputes, including:
- Property Disputes – including disputes relating to both freehold and leasehold properties, whether domestic or commercial, landlord and tenant disputes, disputes over boundaries, and neighbour disputes.
- Commercial Disputes – including disputes between companies as well as disputes between suppliers and customers.
- Private Disputes – including wills & probate disputes (including inheritance claims, disputed wills, administration disputes), employment/workplace disputes, personal injury claims, and contractual/debt disputes.Often cases are referred to our mediators by solicitors who instruct Chambers in other matters, and frequently when there are ongoing court proceedings.
Our team has the experience, empathy and understanding to help parties on the breakdown of a relationship come to an agreement on the best way to resolve the inevitable difficulties that arise, whether it is in respect of property and financial arrangements or in respect of the future arrangements for the parties’ children.
Stay connected with our Family Law Forum each Tuesday where family law experts will discuss a hot topic. Full programme available here.
Our service focuses on:
- Resolving family disputes
- Resolving arrangements for children
- Resolving financial disputes
ICO removal in the time of COVID-19 with Rebecca Davies & Delia Minoprio - Jul 2020
Withholding documents or information from a party in care proceedings - Jun 2020
How can I resolve my case quickly and remotely? When Arbitration is the answer - Jun 2020
A Parent’s Guide to Remote Hearings by Rachael Claridge, Delia Minoprio & Hope Spalding - Jun 2020
Economic Abuse discussed at the Family Law Forum with Karen Perrier, Natasha Isaac and Anogika Souresh - May 2020
Hope Spalding shares her experience as a Second Six Pupil in The Times - May 2020
Not without my lawyer!’ Delia Minoprio explains a recent High Court case for The Transparency Project - May 2020
Join us (remotely) for the 1COR Family Law Forum each Tuesday - May 2020
1COR’s Family Law Forum looks at enforcement order with Amanda Minto and Kirsten Japp - May 2020
Tips and Tricks we’ve learnt from Remote Recorded Hearings - May 2020
(Remote) Life at the Bar with the Sutton Trust - Apr 2020
What to do about children spending time with their separated parents during COVID-19 - Apr 2020
Resolve your disputes remotely and without relying on the Family Court during COVID-19 - Mar 2020
COVID-19 Outbreak – Information for Clients - Mar 2020
Abha Pandya and Scott Storey gave a whirlwind tour of LPAs and probate disputes at Downs Law - Feb 2020
Open for Business! 1COR’s Richard Ager supports the University of Brighton’s Legal Clinic launch - Dec 2019
Welcome to our new pupils Anogika Souresh and Hope Spalding - Oct 2019
1COR nominated for ‘Family Law Chamber of the Year: Regional Award’ at the Family Law Awards - Sep 2019
New for 2019: Who is Who in Sussex Family Justice - Apr 2019
Chambers sponsors new website for Sussex Family Justice Board - Apr 2019