Nigel Nash MBE retired at the end of March 2019 and is much missed at Cafcass and more widely for...
Mediation is an informal, flexible and cost effective process which is entirely confidential and ‘without prejudice’. It has a high success rate. Where successful, it produces a settlement which both parties agree to rather than being imposed by a court, avoids the delays and emotional expense of litigation, removes the risks of litigation and it can help restore business and personal relationships that might otherwise be undermined by the tensions of litigation. It can be arranged, and concluded, quickly. Our service is convenient, flexible and economic.
There are many advantages to mediation:
- It is a flexible, speedy, confidential, and less adversarial process
- It has a high success rate in a wide variety of disputes
- It is cost effective
- It is a non-binding procedure
- It allows for flexible solutions and settlements
- It is suited to situations where the parties wish to restore their relationship
Civil & Commercial Mediation
Our expert mediators have assisted numerous parties reach a mediated agreement across a broad spectrum of civil and commercial disputes, including:
- Property Disputes – including disputes relating to both freehold and leasehold properties, whether domestic or commercial, landlord and tenant disputes, disputes over boundaries, and neighbour disputes.
- Commercial Disputes – including disputes between companies as well as disputes between suppliers and customers.
- Private Disputes – including wills & probate disputes (including inheritance claims, disputed wills, administration disputes), employment/workplace disputes, personal injury claims, and contractual/debt disputes.Often cases are referred to our mediators by solicitors who instruct Chambers in other matters, and frequently when there are ongoing court proceedings.
Our team has the experience, empathy and understanding to help parties on the breakdown of a relationship come to an agreement on the best way to resolve the inevitable difficulties that arise, whether it is in respect of property and financial arrangements or in respect of the future arrangements for the parties’ children. Our service focuses on:
- Resolving family disputes
- Resolving arrangements for children
- Resolving financial disputes
New for 2019: Who is Who in Sussex Family Justice - Apr 2019
Chambers sponsors new website for Sussex Family Justice Board - Apr 2019