Contracts Seminar on recent changes to the law of illegality and limitation cases - Oct 2017
Paul offers expertise across the full range of commercial and property law. He is recommended as a Band 1 practitioner by both Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.Commercial
Who pays where aircraft parts destined for end-users in Middle East were detained by Federal Authorities in the US?
Dispute over contract for provision of computer-based EU monitoring of emissions and purchase of carbon credits for large fleet of aircraft following expansion of aircraft operator by reverse takeover.
How can underpaid manufacturing royalties be recovered by a licensor?
Directors, Companies & Partnerships
Acting for minority shareholders where the sole director was making a claim against the company and not defending it. Succeeded in finding a fast and economical solution without an expensive and time-consuming Companies Act 2006 section 994 petition.
Advice to shareholders of company in a large group which was voluntarily dissolved forgetting that it was the commercial lessee of spaces at shopping malls. What was the effect on leases of disclaimer by Crown?
Getting high value statutory demands against a married couple set aside.
- Successful mediation on behalf of sister in dispute with her brother over trusts of land involving a number of properties, and contested administration of parent’s estate.
- Won claim by cohabitant over disputed £100,000 promissory note given to her to encourage her to leave home.
- Acting for managing agent of owner of multi-storey car park against surveyor and contractor after resurfacing fails and leaks occur.
- Defending contractor when ceiling fixings fail long after a school was renovated and contractor was not given opportunity to rectify.
- Advising a developer whether works had commenced where making a fresh planning application would have imposed impossible-to-meet requirements, resulting in agreed extension of time.
- On site meeting with owner at weekend on less than 24 hours’ notice where local authority injunction stopped repairs to a Grade 1 listed moated manor house.
- Representing a developer in a 5-day trial about obstruction of a right of way by development of properties on either side of it.
- Representing owner of commercial building ripe for residential conversion in High Court dispute about whether notice to complete validly given.
- Recovered damages against solicitors for advising on exchange of contracts on commercial property without ensuring that a valid Election to Waive VAT Exemption had been given to HMRC.
Members taking part in Charity Swimathon - Apr 2017
Seminar: Consumer Rights Act 2015 and Interpreting Documents Guide - Apr 2016
Seminar / Webinar – Human Rights & Real Property Litigation - May 2015
Members take part in Charity Swimathon - Apr 2015
Seminar/Webinar – Injunctions & Damages in Property Litigation - Mar 2015
Seminar: The Court of Protection, A gilded cage is still a cage - Apr 2014
Our Civil and Criminal Barristers give client care talk to Worthing Law Society - May 2012
Jones v Kernott – Where is the certainty in a world of imputed intention - Dec 2011