Insights from Paul Ashwell & Abha Pandya at Surrey Law Society Private Client & Conveyancing Conference 2020 - Feb 2020
- Acted for a beneficiary under a will which negligently failed to exclude s. 33 Wills Act 1837 [Hives v Machin  EWHC 1414 [Ch]].
- Recovered damages against solicitors for advising on exchange of contracts on commercial property without ensuring that a valid Election to Waive VAT Exemption had been given to HMRC.
- Acting in High Court for managing agent of owner of multi-storey car park against surveyor and contractor after resurfacing fails and leaks occur.
- Advising mortgagor on liability of chain of intermediaries in recommending unsuitable commercial mortgage.
- Acted for claimant against solicitor for conveyancing where forged signature and false attestation, and applying for rectification of register.
- Acting for claimant where solicitor failed to get confirmation of capacity of testator on execution of will.
1 Crown Office Row remains a Tier 1 Set in the Legal 500 2020 - Sep 2019
Paul Ashwell successfully represents creditor in bankruptcy of James Stunt - Jun 2019
Paul Ashwell uses waiver to win land contract dispute - Dec 2018
1COR’s Contract & Commercial Seminar with Paul Ashwell and Kate Richmond - Nov 2018
Contracts Seminar on recent changes to the law of illegality and limitation cases - Oct 2017
Members taking part in Charity Swimathon - Apr 2017
Seminar: Consumer Rights Act 2015 and Interpreting Documents Guide - Apr 2016
Seminar / Webinar – Human Rights & Real Property Litigation - May 2015
Members take part in Charity Swimathon - Apr 2015
Seminar/Webinar – Injunctions & Damages in Property Litigation - Mar 2015
Seminar: The Court of Protection, A gilded cage is still a cage - Apr 2014
Our Civil and Criminal Barristers give client care talk to Worthing Law Society - May 2012
Jones v Kernott – Where is the certainty in a world of imputed intention - Dec 2011