Law Pod UK Ep. 143: Henry VIII Powers undermining parliamentary supremacy - May 2021
Isabel regularly acts in inquests, typically involving clinical negligence, prison and/or human rights issues.
Her experience includes inquests arising from surgical errors, failures by GPs to refer patients to hospital, prison deaths of a self-inflicted nature and inquests in which the state may have played a role in the death through a failure to implement appropriate healthcare systems (Article 2 ECHR).
- Re RM (2021): acted for the family of the Deceased at an inquest into a death caused by venous thromboembolism following inadequate prophylactic medication and pharmacy corrections to the prescription not being acted on.
- Re PJCR (2021): acted for the Ministry of Justice at an Art. 2 inquest into the self-inflicted death of a prisoner.
- Re JK (2021): acted for a government department at an inquest into the self-inflicted death of an employee at its premises.
- Re CJWW (2020): acted for the family of the Deceased at an Art. 2 inquest into the death of a prisoner with epilepsy and a complex drug history.
- Re IMW (2020): represented a doctor at an inquest into the death of a professional rugby player from a rare condition.
- Re DAS (2020): acted for the family of a teenage girl who died during elective dental surgery.
- Re HH (2020): acted for the family of the Deceased at an inquest into the death of a man from a fractured neck following a fall in hospital, with complex causation issues.
- Re GW (2020): represented the family of the Deceased at an Art. 2 inquest into the death of a prisoner following a prolonged period in which prison healthcare failed to supply the correct prescribed medication. The jury found that systemic failures contributed to the death.
Congratulations on our Six Members appointed to the Attorney General’s Panel of Counsel - Aug 2020
Impact of Covid-19 on Healthcare Webinar - May 2020
LawPod UK Ep. 106: Vicarious Liability with Robert Kellar QC & Isabel McArdle - Apr 2020
Law Pod UK Ep. 93: Taxation and Human Rights - Sep 2019
Scope of Duty and Causation: Chester v Afshar Revisited - Jun 2019
Owain Thomas QC and Isabel McArdle successful in Abuse of Law Appeal - Apr 2018
Law Pod UK Ep. 23: Lawsuits against the police for arrest operations - Feb 2018
Owain Thomas QC and Isabel McArdle appear in Court of Appeal in Abuse Case and Tax Avoidance - Feb 2018
Owain Thomas QC and Isabel McArdle successful in resisting permission in tax judicial review - Feb 2018
Philip Havers QC and Isabel Mcardle represent APIL in a judicial review brought by the Association of British Insurers - Jan 2017
Profits from the sale of the Inquest Book given to the Bar Pro Bono Unit - Nov 2016
Is Crowdfunding the New Way of Financing Judicial Reviews? - Nov 2016
Clodagh Bradley and Isabel McArdle appear in inquest into the death of a cyclist with undiagnosed ruptured spleen - Sep 2014
Owain Thomas wins for HMRC in Court of Appeal VAT dispute with Sub-One represented by Philippa Whipple QC and Isabel McArdle - Jun 2014
New appointments to the Attorney General’s A and C Panels - Feb 2014
Pupillage Inside Out: new guide to pupillage by Isabel McArdle and former 1COR pupil Daniel Sokol is published - Jun 2013
Nine members of 1COR involved in Al-Sweady Public Inquiry - Mar 2013
Owain Thomas wins for HMRC in VAT dispute with Sub-One represented by Philippa Whipple QC and Isabel McArdle - Oct 2012
Team of four from 1COR in Supreme Court win in nuclear testing limitation case - Mar 2012