Jeremy Wainwright QC joins 1COR as an associate member - Sep 2019
Jeremy Wainwright QC’s practice focuses on criminal defence, covering a range of serious complex cases and conspiracies. Jeremy regularly defends in homicide and major Fraud conspiracy cases.
He is a grade A advocacy trainer, teaching advocacy both in the UK and abroad, including at the War Crimes Tribunal in The Hague.
Jeremy is a Master of the Bench at Gray’s Inn.Crime
Jeremy Wainwright QC’s criminal defence practice includes Murder, attempted Murder, Manslaughter, supplying Class A drugs, serious violence and gang-related cases. He has also recently appeared in a number of serious sexual offence trials, including Operation Sapphire.
- R v G: Instructed to defend a man accused of being the principal in a murder by stabbing.
- R v W: Leading Counsel for a client accused of being the ringleader in a conspiracy to Murder in a drive-by shooting. The client was also alleged to have been involved in three other non-fatal gun related incidents.
- R v H: Represented alleged ringleader of Conspiracy to blackmail acquitted after trial.
- R v P: Represented a man charged with attempted murder of his sister by driving a car at her. He was found not guilty of attempted murder.
- R v Mc. and ors: Represented the alleged boss of a gang operating from Manchester supplying Class A drugs throughout the North of England.
- R v Girma & ors: Terrorism trial, first defendant to be acquitted in charges linked to 21/7/05 Londonbombers.
- R v W: Double Manslaughter trial arising from death of two firemen at a firework factory.
- R v A: Acquittal in murder case alleging joint enterprise murder of a disabled man. 5 year sentence for assisting offender reduced to 2 years in Court of Appeal.
- R v K: Acquittal of a joint enterprise charge for murder by a group.
- R v P: Gang-related attempt murder, convicted of lesser offence of wounding.
- R v X: Dismissal of charges against alleged gang of robbers, armed with firearms, accused of attacking a series of North London bookies.
- R v S: Successful automatism defence in a S.18 stabbing.
- R v W: Dismissal of charges against leader of Conspiracy to defraud a number of solicitors.
- R v B: Represented defendant acquitted of Conspiracy to defraud involving fraudulent websites.
- R v Pye & ors: Represented first defendant in £9million pound allegation of cold-calling fraud.
- R v Snober & ors: Represented alleged organiser in acquittal for a conspiracy to defraud bank accounts using inside information.
- R v El-Heri & ors: £20m Carousel Fraud – seven- month trial. resulting in client’s acquittal.
- R v ul-Haq & ors: Multi-million pound boiler room fraud.
- R v Webber & ors: Represented “right-hand man” in Ghostmarket £18m Internet fraud.
- R v Ahmed: Conspiracy to launder up to £8 million through money exchange.
- R v Bo Li: Represented alleged ringleader in conspiracy to launder money.
- R v Islam: Represented bank manager alleged to be insider in bank fraud.
- R v Sidhu & ors: Represented alleged organiser of large-scale tax and VAT fraud.
- R v W: Trial concerned multiple frauds and money laundering over an eight year period.