International Women’s Day: Joanna Glynn QC, Clodagh Bradley QC, Suzanne Lambert & Leanne Woods reflect on life at the Bar - Mar 2019
In the healthcare field, Leanne’s practice includes (in addition to clinical negligence, inquests and professional discipline):
- Mental health and human rights
- Judicial review
- Medical product liability (including the group action for hip replacement devices)
- Cases involving questions of confidentiality
- Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis v NHS England: Instructed by the Metropolitan Police in a judicial review claim of the publication of conclusions reached by NHS England in a serious incident report that criticised the police’s exercise of powers under s.136 Mental Health Act 1983.
- Various claimants v De Puy: Part of the team advising on quantum in this group action arising from defective hip replacement devices.
- Public inquiry into hyponatraemia-related paediatric deaths in Northern Ireland: Appeared for 3 different healthcare practitioners in a long-running public inquiry in Northern Ireland, investigating the deaths of 5 children in N.I. hospitals.
Leanne Woods speaks on disclosure at AvMA Inquests Conference - May 2018
1COR members featured in the latest AvMA Newsletter - Apr 2018
Clodagh Bradley QC appointed as Vice Chair and Leanne Woods elected as an Executive Committee Member of the PNBA - Dec 2017
Peter Skelton QC and Robert Wastell, Leanne Woods instructed as counsel for the inquest into Mr Perepilichnyy’s death - Apr 2017
Leanne Woods appointed to the Attorney General’s B Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown - Jul 2016
Leanne Woods appears in inquest into death of 14 year old girl in psychiatric in-patient care - Jun 2016
Leanne Woods acts in high profile inquest into millionaire’s death - Jul 2015