Philip Havers QC instructed in legal challenge to lockdown - May 2020
- SXH v CPS  UKSC 30, SC: Do decisions to prosecute engage Article 8 ECHR.
- AM v GMC  EWHC 2096 (Admin): Whether GMC guidance as to doctors providing assistance for the purposes of suicide was in breach of the Human Rights Act.
- AM v DPP  UKSC 14, SC: Right to die – whether a gravely disabled person who is unable to commit suicide without assistance is entitled to further guidance from the DPP as to whether doctors, carers and other professionals would be likely to be prosecuted were they to assist him to do so.
- Meerabux v AG of Belize  2 AC 513, PC: Judge’s removal from office – whether in breach of constitutional fair trial rights.
- R (Ullah) v Special Adjudicator  2 AC 323: HL-Extra Territorial Effect of the ECHR.
- Grieves v UK (2004) 39 EHRR 7, ECHR: Right to fair trial.
- Cooper v UK (2004) 39 EHRR 8, ECHR: Right to fair trial.
- Khan v Royal Airforce Summary Appeal Court (2004) HRLR 40, DC: Conscientious objector to military service in connection with the Iraq war.
- R v Spear, Hastie & Boyd  1 AC 734, HL: Right to a fair trial.
- R (Pretty) v DPP  1 AC 800 HL: Right to assistance in committing suicide / right to life / right to self-determination.
- Gough v Chief Constable of Derby Constabulary  QB 1213, CA: Football banning order – whether violation of human rights.
- R (on the application of Heather) v Leonard Cheshire Foundation  2 All ER 936, CA: Meaning of “public authority” under Human Rights Act 1998.
- Pretty v UK (2002) 35 EHRR 1, ECHR: Right to die.
- Morris v UK (2002) 34 EHRR 52, ECHR: Right to a fair trial.
- R v Martin  AC 917, HL: Right to a fair trial.
- Wingrove v UK (1997) 24 EHRR 1, ECHR: Right to free speech/Law of blasphemy.
- Findlay v UK (1997) 24 EHRR 221, ECHR: Right to fair trial / Courts-martial.
- R v Preston  2 AC 130: Civil Liberties / Telephone tapping.
Philip Havers QC and Hannah Noyce look at disclosure in PI Focus - May 2020
Three 1COR members appear in landmark case about disclosure of confidential medical information: ABC v St George’s Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust & ors - Nov 2019
1COR walk in the LLST’s London Legal Walk 2019 - Jun 2019
Protecting children from harm: CN & GN v Poole Borough Council - Jun 2019
Philip Havers QC, Emma-Louise Fenelon & Charlotte Gilmartin discuss Darnley v Croydon Health Services at Weightmans’ Healthcare Training Seminar - Apr 2019
Delighted to announce that Richard Booth QC and Philip Havers QC are nominated for Chambers Bar Awards - Oct 2018
The Supreme Court has handed down its judgment in this interesting and important claim in Darnley v Croydon Health Services - Oct 2018
Chambers is delighted to announce that Richard Booth QC will take over from Philip Havers QC as Head of Chambers - Oct 2018
1COR represent the Chief Justice of Trinidad & Tobago in an appeal to the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council - Jul 2018
Seven 1COR members in landmark Supreme Court case - Jul 2018
Philip Havers QC and Richard Mumford successfully resist appeal in consent case - Jun 2018
Philip Havers QC appears today in the Supreme Court in Darnley v Croydon Health Services - Jun 2018
The Supreme Court has granted permission to the Appellants to appeal in the case of CN (1) & GN (2) v Poole Borough Council - Mar 2018
Philip Havers QC successful in interesting clinical negligence claim - Nov 2017
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman QC appear in Supreme Court prisoner smoking ban appeal - Nov 2017
Supreme Court will hear case involving the liability of the NHS for Hospital Receptionists - Oct 2017
Philip Havers QC and Adam Wagner successful in High Court Securitas Raid repatriation Judicial Review - Jul 2017
Philip Havers QC leads Adam Wagner in High Court Securitas Raid repatriation Judicial Review - Jul 2017
Clinical negligence and the duty to disclose: full house of 1COR members in high profile Court of Appeal case - Jun 2017
Philip Havers QC and Neil Sheldon succeed in Supreme Court on Art 8 Rights case - May 2017
Stephen Miller QC, Philip Havers QC and Owain Thomas QC in a significant clinical negligence judgment - Apr 2017
Philip Havers QC wins appeal about negligence of NHS Receptionist - Mar 2017
Philip Havers QC and Isabel Mcardle represent APIL in a judicial review brought by the Association of British Insurers - Jan 2017
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman to appear in the Supreme Court in prisoner smoking case - Oct 2016
1 Crown Office Row supports LGBT Freebar - Feb 2016
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman in Prison Smoking Appeal - Feb 2016
”Healthier Together” judicial review challenge dismissed - Jan 2016
1COR in Healthier Together judicial review - Dec 2015
Philip Havers QC, Rachel Marcus and Kate Beattie contribute to 5th edition of Clinical Negligence - Sep 2015
Philip Havers QC in another important right to die case challenging GMC guidance in such cases - Jul 2015
Four members of 1COR in duty of care case - Jun 2015
Supreme Court decision in the Right to Die case of Martin - Jun 2014
1COR appear on both sides of a case where a woman had to wait 100 minutes for an ambulance - Jun 2014
Philip Havers QC, Jeremy Hyam and Kate Beattie in landmark Court of Appeal victory for patient rights in DNACPR decisions - Jun 2014
Philip Havers QC, Jeremy Hyam and Kate Beattie appear in the Court of Appeal for the family of Janet Tracey - May 2014
Philip Havers QC represented the Ministry of Defence in the appeal by Marine Al Blackman who was convicted of murdering an injured Taliban insurgent - Apr 2014
Philip Havers QC in the Court of Appeal on the Right to Die case of Martin - May 2013
Philip Havers QC, Jeremy Hyam and Marina Wheeler in judicial review on consultation re closure of centres for paediatric cardiac surgery - Mar 2013
Philip Havers QC represents the LSB in a Supreme Court case regarding the legal privilege of accountants offering tax advice - Feb 2013
Members Appointed to the Legal Services Board External Panel of Legal Advisors - Dec 2012
Philip Havers QC and Sydney Chawatama win in Court of Appeal on a matter of fact in breast cancer claim - Mar 2012
Philip Havers QC in the Privy Council for the Governor of the Turks and Caicos and the Commissioner in corruption allegations - Mar 2012
Philip Havers QC in High Court decision on legality of professional advice in right to die case of Martin - Feb 2012
Philip Havers QC appointed specialist advisor to the Legal Services Board - Jan 2010