David Balcombe QC successfully defends cosmetic surgeon before Medical Practitioners Tribunal - Nov 2017
Professional Discipline & Regulation
- GMC v Mr Jeyapragash : Before the Medical Practitioners Tribunal, successfully defended cosmetic surgeon who had been accused of improperly anaesthetising a patient and then lying to cover it up.
- GMC v Kapur : acted for consultant paediatric & neonatal surgeon who, in performing inguinal hernia surgery, had mistakenly removed a substantial portion of a baby’s bladder.
- GDC v Bachada : acting for dentist accused of fraudulent conduct.
- Bar Standards Board v P : represented member of bar accused of professional misconduct on account of breach of duty of confidentiality
- Gwyn v GMC : acted for general, vascular and breast surgeon facing complaints from 6 patients; after hearing lasting 40 days successfully avoided finding that fitness to practise impaired.
- Gwynn v GMC : acted for general, vascular and breast surgeon, successfully sought judicial review of decision by Fitness to Practise Panel, and obtained stay of proceedings in relation to complaints from 5 patients that had been made out of time.
London and Brighton Members and clerks take part in the London to Brighton Bike ride - May 2014
1COR team in the London Bikeathon supporting Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research - Sep 2013
David Balcombe QC and Sarah Lambert in High Court clinical negligence claim for a breast cancer sufferer - Mar 2012