Sarah has a notable specialist costs practice and has appeared in many guideline cases.
Her experience covers points of law, test points, Part 36, wasted costs cases (both sides), assessments, CFA compliance and success fees, claims against third party funders, costs budgeting and capping, and personal liability claims against experts, at all court levels.
Sarah also sits as a deputy costs judge in the Senior Court Costs Office.
- The Right Hon Charles Edward Maurice (Ninth) Earl Spencer v Associated Newspapers Ltd (2021): Instructed to advise Associated Newspapers.
- Poole Borough Council v GN and Another  UKSC: Costs submissions.
- JC & A Solicitors Ltd v (1) Andeen Iqbal (2) EUI Ltd: JC & A Solicitors Ltd v (1) Lucas Lonsdale Smith (2) EUI Ltd: JC & A Solicitors Ltd v (1) Holly Pitts (2) EUI Ltd (2017) EWCA Civ 355: Instructed on behalf of the Law Society in its intervention in the leap frogged appeal of J C and A in which the Court interpreted the fixed costs provisions in the Pre-action protocol for low value personal injury claims in road traffic accidents.
- Webb v Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust Court of Appeal (Civil Division)  EWCA Civ 365;  C.P. Rep. 30;  2 Costs L.R. 411; (2016) 150 B.M.L.R. 42
- Michael Richard Cashman v Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust  EWHC 1312 (QB)
- Marion Haycock v Heart of England NHS Trust (2014): Costs arguments in respect of CPR Part 36 and Part 44.2
- Martin Church Deceased v Great Western Hospitals NHS Trust 2012: High Court Part 8 Claim by Claimant seeking to obtain relief from usual costs consequences of accepting a Part 36 offer out of time
- Walter Hall v Thomas, Hardwick, Rathbone & Everton Football Club, Manchester District Registry 21 (2012)
- Medway Primary Care Trust v Marcus  EWCA Civ 750
- Fortune v Roe  EWHC 90180
- E, R (on the application of) v Governing Body of JFS & Anor (Rev 3)  UKSC 1
- Cullen & Anor v Chopra  EWHC 90093
- Arkin v Borchard Lines Ltd & Ors  EWCA Civ 655
- Cafane v London Borough of Lambeth  EWHC 90042
- Smith v Havering Hospitals NHS Trust  EWHC 9002
- Arkin v Borchard Lines Ltd  EWHC 2844 (Comm)
Sarah Lambert QC discusses post-pandemic trials at AvMA’s Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel Meeting - Dec 2021
On Wednesday 1st December, Sarah Lambert QC joins expert speakers for the AvMA Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel Meeting at RSA house. Members can hear about the latest developments in clinical...
LawPod UK Ep. 153: Loss of Chance with Sarah Lambert QC and Dominic Ruck Keene - Nov 2021
In Episode 153, Emma-Louise Fenelon speaks to Sarah Lambert QC and Dominic Ruck Keene about loss of chance in personal injury and clinical negligence cases. The episode discusses the following...
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Autumn 2020 – Issue 7 - Feb 2021
Welcome to the seventh issue of the Quarterly Medical Law Review, brought to you by the barristers at 1 Crown Office Row. This issue was unfortunately somewhat delayed but covers developments in...
Sarah Lambert QC considers ‘Hourly Expense Rates: A Review at last?’ at the Costs Law Report Conference - Sep 2020
On 24th September at 4.20pm, Sarah Lambert QC joined a stellar list of speakers at the annual Costs Law Report Conference. She spoke about Hourly Expense Rates: A Review at last? at this live webinar,...
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Summer 2020 – Issue 6 - Sep 2020
Welcome to the sixth issue of the Quarterly Medical Law Review, brought to you by the barristers at 1 Crown Office Row. Download the Summer 2020 newsletter here: 1COR QMLR - Summer 2020 - Issue 6 ...
Dress for Success with Sarah Lambert QC - Feb 2020
Today, 26th February 2020, Sarah Lambert QC volunteers with Dress for Success (Greater London), a registered charity that empowers and supports disadvantaged or vulnerable women of all backgrounds...
Sarah Lambert QC, on behalf of the family, persuades Coroner to open an inquest into death of young mother - Nov 2018
Sarah Lambert QC, instructed by Tom Spearpoint of Slater & Gordon, is representing the widower in a resumed inquest regarding the death of his late wife. She is also representing the family in a...
Sarah Lambert is acting for the family of a cancer patient - Mar 2018
Sarah Lambert QC is representing the family of Graham Stoten, who died of bladder cancer. Yesterday a pre-inquest hearing (the fourth such hearing in this inquest) has found that the deaths of...
Sarah Lambert QC and Sarabjit Singh QC take silk - Feb 2018
26th February 2018 is the day for QCs to be appointed with Sarah Lambert and Sarabjit Singh taking silk, accompanied by their families and Senior and First Junior Clerks Matthew Phipps and Andrew...
The Sutton Trust’s ‘Pathways to Law: Introduction to Law’ at the London School of Economics - Jan 2018
Yesterday, Oliver Sanders QC, Sarah Lambert and Michael Paulin spoke about their own journey to the Bar as part of The Sutton Trust's 'Pathways to Law: Introduction to Law' event held at the London...
Sarah Lambert and Sarabjit Singh appointed Queen’s Counsel - Dec 2017
1 Crown Office Row is proud and delighted to announce that Sarah Lambert and Sarabjit Singh have been successful in their applications for Silk. Sarah was called to the Bar in 1994 and has long...
Sarah Lambert successful recovering damages for secondary victim - Aug 2017
Sarah Lambert has been successful in recovering damages by way of an agreed settlement on behalf of a "Secondary Victim". The claim was for psychiatric injury suffered by the father of baby Frank...
Sarah Lambert is acting for the family of a prostate cancer patient - Oct 2016
Sarah Lambert QC is representing the family of Graham Stoten, who died of prostate cancer. The treating urologist, Mr Paul Miller, has since been dismissed from his NHS Trust and is subject to...
Robert Seabrook QC and Sarah Lambert represent the widow of a man who died from cancer which his GP failed to diagnose years earlier - Jan 2014
Robert Seabrook QC and Sarah Lambert represented the widow of Christopher Goodhead who died from rectal cancer in 2009. He visited his GP in 2005 complaining of bleeding and it is alleged that his GP,...
Sarah Lambert appointed as a Deputy Costs Judge (Taxing Master) of the Senior Courts - Jan 2013
We are delighted to announce that Sarah Lambert has today been appointed as a Deputy Costs Judge (Taxing Master) of the Senior Courts. For the purpose of costs assessments in cases dealt with in...
Sarah Lambert appointed a Recorder of the South Eastern Circuit - Sep 2012
We are delighted to announce that Sarah Lambert has been appointed with immediate effect as a Recorder of the South Eastern Circuit. She will, of course, continue to practice as a barrister at One...
David Balcombe QC and Sarah Lambert in High Court clinical negligence claim for a breast cancer sufferer - Mar 2012