Inquests in Interesting Times Webinar - Jun 2020
Professional Discipline & Regulation
Christopher has wide-ranging experience of both prosecuting and defending in medical professional disciplinary cases before regulators (e.g. the GMC/MPTS, GDC and NMC) and of representing doctors in internal (MHPS) disciplinary cases. His GMC work includes a number of very high profile cases; e.g. GMC v Dr Andrew Wakefield and others.
- GMC v Dr H: representing a doctor accused of dishonestly submitting essays and a dissertation containing plagiarised material as part of a Masters degree in Public Health, and of further dishonesty during a University meeting investigating the dissertation.
- GDC v Dr A: defending a dentist facing charges concerning clinical treatment and that he had dishonestly failed to offer various treatments on the NHS and had advised that treatment available on the NHS would not be of an appropriate standard.
- Walker-Smith v GMC  EWHC 503 (Admin): appeal, by one of the other doctors prosecuted in the Wakefield case (see below), against findings relating to the alleged conduct of unapproved research.
- GMC v Dr Andrew Wakefield and others: instructed by the GMC in prosecution of three doctors involved in the MMR vaccine debate.
- GMC v Dr Ann David: prosecuting a Consultant Anaesthetist charged, inter alia, with hastening a patient’s death.
- GMC v Dr Kane: prosecuting a Consultant Gynaecologist; involved issues relating to voluntary erasure and fitness to appear.
- GMC v Dr Jamal: representing a doctor charged with fabrication of results and the subversion of the randomisation process in a multi-centre clinical drugs trial.
Christopher Mellor and Emma-Louise Fenelon represent different GPs in Prince Fosu Inquest into death at Harmondsworth IRC - Feb 2020
Caroline Cross, Christopher Mellor and Matthew Flinn instructed in complex inquest - Nov 2019
Law Pod UK Ep 79: Causation in Inquests - May 2019
The End, the Beginning of the End or the End of the Beginning: Erasure, Remediation and Rights of Appeal in Disciplinary Proceedings - Nov 2018
Christopher Mellor acts in long-running Inquest into death following police restraint - Jul 2018
Christopher Mellor acted for an interested person in the Inquest into the death of 15-year-old schoolgirl, Tallulah Wilson - Jan 2014
Christopher Mellor’s podcast on the proposed Duty of Candour for the NHS - Jun 2013
Members of 1COR acted in the Mid-Staffordshire NHS Trust Public Inquiry - Feb 2013
1 Crown Office Row appears on both sides of the Professor Walker-Smith appeal - Mar 2012
GMC’s findings of fact re Dr Wakefield announced - Feb 2010