Congratulations to Leanne Woods and Natasha Barnes on their promotions on the Attorney General's A...
On behalf of patients and a range of NHS bodies we pursue and defend claims brought under the Human Rights Act relating to medical treatment and the acts and omissions of healthcare providers.
Our team has acted in many of the leading case, including:
- Savage v South Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust  UKHL 74,  2 WLR 115, HL: Whether mental hospital under Convention duty to prevent suicide of compulsorily detained mental patient who absconds and commits suicide.
- AM v GMC  EWHC 2096 (Admin): Whether GMC guidance as to doctors providing assistance for the purposes of suicide was in breach of the Human Rights Act.
- R (Tracey) v Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust  1 QB 543. Lawfulness of do not resuscitate orders.
- Bostridge v Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust  EWCA Civ 79, CA: Whether mentally disordered patient unlawfully detained entitled to more than nominal damages where he would have been otherwise lawfully detained.
- R (Axon) v Secretary of State for Health  2 WLR 1130: Whether parents entitled to be notified that their child is seeking medical advice and treatment, including abortion.
Congratulations to our four members appointed to the Attorney General’s Panel of Counsel - Aug 2022
The 1COR Bundle 2022-2023 has arrived - Jul 2022