The European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg today (5 December 2023) handed down its judgment in...
On behalf of patients and a range of NHS bodies we pursue and defend claims brought under the Human Rights Act relating to medical treatment and the acts and omissions of healthcare providers.
Our team has acted in many of the leading case, including:
- Savage v South Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust  UKHL 74,  2 WLR 115, HL: Whether mental hospital under Convention duty to prevent suicide of compulsorily detained mental patient who absconds and commits suicide.
- AM v GMC  EWHC 2096 (Admin): Whether GMC guidance as to doctors providing assistance for the purposes of suicide was in breach of the Human Rights Act.
- R (Tracey) v Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust  1 QB 543. Lawfulness of do not resuscitate orders.
- Bostridge v Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust  EWCA Civ 79, CA: Whether mentally disordered patient unlawfully detained entitled to more than nominal damages where he would have been otherwise lawfully detained.
- R (Axon) v Secretary of State for Health  2 WLR 1130: Whether parents entitled to be notified that their child is seeking medical advice and treatment, including abortion.
Associate Members – Emeriti
David Manknell successful in European Court of Human Rights - Dec 2023
Welcoming Nick Jones and Lance Baynham as new tenants - Oct 2023
1 Crown Office Row shortlisted for seven awards at the Chambers UK Bar Awards 2023 - Sep 2023
The 1COR Bundle 2023-2024 has arrived - Sep 2023
Judgment handed down in significant HRA abuse appeal - May 2023
Meet us at the Bar Council Pupillage Fair 2023 - Oct 2023
Four 1COR members in the Court of Appeal this week - Apr 2023
Welcoming Amelia Williams to 1COR as a new tenant - Apr 2023
1COR is pleased to welcome Gareth Rhys as a new tenant - Apr 2023
Law Pod UK Ep. 176: Significant Cases of 2022 - Dec 2022
The Changing Face of Judicial Review - Oct 2022
Join us at the Bar Council Pupillage Fair on 15th October - Oct 2022
Congratulations to our four members appointed to the Attorney General’s Panel of Counsel - Aug 2022
The 1COR Bundle 2022-2023 has arrived - Jul 2022