2022 marked 5 years since the first episode of Law Pod UK, and after 177 episodes we are delighted...
Challenges of all types to national and regional making in respect of healthcare policy. Members of the team act on behalf of patients and patients’ rights groups, as well as all relevant government departments, and NHS bodies.
Past cases include:
- Dolan & Ors v Secretary of State for Health And Social Care & Anor  EWHC 1786 (Admin). Challenge to the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 and the decision to close schools and educational establishments.
- R (Black) v Secretary of State for Justice  UKSC 81. Supreme Court case concerning whether Crown Immunity applies to the smoking ban introduced by the Health Act 2006, brought by a serving prisoner.
- R (AvMA) v Department for Health. Challenge to the duty of candour regulations which create a “two tier” system for different health organisations.
- R (Whitston (Asbestos Victims Support Groups Forum UK) v Secretary of State for Justice  EWHC 3044 (Admin). Challenge on behalf of the Asbestos Victims’ Support Groups Forum UK to the Government’s proposals to include mesothelioma victims within the funding reforms in the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 (LASPO)
- Watts (Freedom to provide services)  EUECJ C-372/04  QB 667. CJEU decision on right to obtain treatment within the EU.
1COR receives top scores for Mini Pupillage and Social Life in the Lex 100 Pupil Barrister Survey - Nov 2022
Join us at the Bar Council Pupillage Fair on 15th October - Oct 2022
Law Pod UK is back – and with new presenters! - Sep 2022
Welcoming Thomas Hayes and Lucy McCann as new tenants - Sep 2022
The 1COR Bundle 2022-2023 has arrived - Jul 2022