Emma-Louise Fenelon and Tom Beamont secure £850,000 settlement for victims of Beirut Port Explosion - Jun 2023
Tom has a busy inquest practice. As a new tenant he was seconded for six months to a leading inquest law firm, appearing almost daily in the Coroners’ Courts. He is often instructed in inquests convened under article 2 of the European Convention of Human Rights, including with a jury.
He acts for families and institutional Interested Persons. He has experience of acting in both the coronial and subsequent civil proceedings arising from the death of a family member.
- Inquest touching upon the death of TS: Tom acted for the family in this article 2 jury inquest into the death following ingestion of ‘spice’ of a patient detained under the Mental Health Act 1983.
- Inquest touching upon the deaths of PH and SO: Tom acted pro bono for the family in this article 2 inquest which considered procurement systems in the NHS. Prevention of Future Deaths reports were written to several recipients including NHS England and the International Standardization Organization (ISO).
- Inquest touching upon the death of JT: Tom acted for an NHS trust in this article 2 inquest into the death of a patient following attendance by the ambulance service.
- Inquest touching upon the death of EB: Tom acted for the family in this inquest into the death of a toddler from sepsis.
- Inquest touching upon the death of JS: Tom acted for the family in this inquest which led to a Report for the Prevention of Future Deaths to a London university, Universities UK, and the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Tom Beamont acts in inquest into the death of a young mother - Mar 2023
Thomas Beamont looks at the Inquest into the death of Katie Horne in AvMA’s November newsletter - Dec 2022
The 1COR Bundle 2022-2023 has arrived - Jul 2022
Landmark emissions case in the Court of Appeal - Jan 2022
David Hart QC, Emma-Louise Fenelon and Tom Beamont act for victims of the Beirut Port Explosion - Aug 2021
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2021 – Issue 9 - Jul 2021
Latest AvMA Newsletter looks at Funding Claims and Inquests - Jun 2021
Get your copy of the 1COR Bundle 2021-22 now - Jun 2021
Jo Moore, Rajkiran Barhey and Thomas Beamont cover Witness Evidence at APIL Procedure Special Interest Group - Feb 2021
Tonight’s the night for the Bar Pro Bono Awards - Nov 2020
Congratulations to our 5 juniors nominated for Advocate’s Young Pro Bono Barrister of the Year Award - Oct 2020
Inquest into death of toddler from sepsis concludes - Aug 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2020 – Issue 5 - May 2020
1COR hosts Sutton Trust students for an insight into life at the Bar - Oct 2019
1COR delighted to welcome Darragh Coffey and Thomas Beamont as new tenants - Sep 2019
1COR Brighton’s annual Ghulam Hussain Volleyball Cup is here! - Jul 2019
Jo Moore, Michael Spencer and Thomas Beamont volunteer at Roehampton University Mock Trial - May 2019
1COR welcomes new pupils Darragh Coffey, Thomas Beamont and Michael Spencer - Oct 2018
Law Pod UK Ep. 10: How A.I. is set to change the legal profession - Sep 2017