Shaheen Rahman QC invited to speak at the JUSTICE Human Rights Law Conference 2018 - Oct 2018
Shaheen acts for families and healthcare professionals at inquests with extensive experience of Article 2 and jury inquests concerning detained patients, the elderly and infant deaths.
Shaheen is currently instructed by healthcare providers in a number of ongoing cases involving the deaths of mental health patients, with Article 2 jury inquests listed in 2018.
- Muriel Gentry : Representing the family of an elderly woman who died following an overdose of insulin medication. Nurse referred to NMC.
- Margaret Astill : Representing the family of a mental health inpatient who was assaulted during her admission and subsequently suffered a fatal fall. Article 2 jury inquest. Coroner issued a Regulation 28 report to prevent future deaths.
- Emily Radavicius : Instructed by hospital in stillbirth case.
- Charlotte Foster : Acting for the family of a young woman who died from unrecognised complications of the oral contraceptive pill. Coroner referred the treating GP to the GMC.
- Freya Wells : Instructed by treating clinician at inquest concerning the death of a 5 year old child and in subsequent GMC proceedings.
- DO v An NHSFT : Acting for the mother of a woman discharged from mental health services who took her own life and that of her young son. HRA claim settled.
- Dalhaug v LG NHSFT : Acting for the parents of twins, one of whom died as a result of negligent application of forceps during labour. Representation at inquest resulting in Regulation 28 report with criticism of the Trust’s inadequate investigation.
- RS v A Private Hospital : Acting for the family of a mental health patient who took his own life in hospital. Neglect verdict. Following the inquest a high value claim on behalf of the estate, dependents and family as secondary victims was successfully settled.
- AP : Acting for family of a mental health patient who took his own life in a mental health unit. Following the inquest the HRA and estate claim were successfully settled.
- BP : Acting for the partner of a young woman who absconded from an acute mental health unit and took her own life. Following the inquest the HRA, estate and dependency claims were successfully settled.
Shaheen Rahman QC to speak at Hill Dickinson’s Medical Lecture Series 2018 with Prof. Derek Tuffnell and ENS Representatives - Oct 2018
1COR Public Law Seminar – Life, Liberty & Security - Sep 2017
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman QC appear in Supreme Court prisoner smoking ban appeal - Nov 2017
Shaheen Rahman QC and Matthew Hill speak at the annual Justice Human Rights Law Conference - Oct 2017
The Times reports on Chambers extremism cases - Jun 2017
Martin Downs in new Radicalisation Judgment about protecting older children and vulnerable adults - Apr 2017
Marina Wheeler QC in Public Interest Immunity & Radicalisation case - Apr 2017
Oliver Sanders QC and Shaheen Rahman QC take Silk - Feb 2017
New QC Appointments Announced Oliver Sanders and Shaheen Rahman - Jan 2017
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman to appear in the Supreme Court in prisoner smoking case - Oct 2016
Shaheen Rahman acts for family in pill death case - Jul 2016
Control order upheld following rehearing - May 2016
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman in Prison Smoking Appeal - Feb 2016
Shaheen Rahman acting for the mother of woman hit by a train along with her 3 year old son - Apr 2015
Shaheen Rahman wins ruling on smoking in jail and the status of Crown premises - Mar 2015
Shaheen Rahman appeared as Special Advocate for a Claimant subject to a TPIM - Apr 2013
Members of 1COR acted in the Mid-Staffordshire NHS Trust Public Inquiry - Feb 2013