Shaheen Rahman QC and Matt Hill appear as CTI in Joe Pooley Inquest - Aug 2022
Shaheen acts for families and healthcare professionals at inquests with extensive experience of Article 2 and jury inquests concerning detained patients, the elderly and infant deaths.
She is instructed by healthcare providers in a number of cases involving the deaths of mental health patients.
‘I cannot praise her highly enough. She is brilliant and clever, and her skill as an advocate is inspiring to watch.’ (Legal 500 2021)
‘Fearless on her feet, diligent and really impressive all round. ’ (Legal 500 2020)
- Joe Pooley inquest : Instructed as Counsel to the Inquest.
- Re AG : Article 2 jury inquest for the family of a woman who died whilst detained under the MHA.
- JK : For family of woman who died as a result of complications of rectopexy surgery performed by surgeon facing GMC proceedings.
- Re A [2019-20]: For the family of a child who died of sepsis with associated civil claim.
- Re TB [2018-20]: For the family of a woman who died following surgery. Claim settled with article 2 damages.
- Re JT For a Mental Health Trust at Article 2 jury inquest.
- Muriel Gentry : For the family of an elderly woman who died following an overdose of insulin medication. Nurse referred to NMC.
- Margaret Astill : For the family of a mental health inpatient who was assaulted during her admission and subsequently suffered a fatal fall. Article 2 jury inquest. Coroner issued a Regulation 28 report to prevent future deaths.
- Emily Radavicius : Instructed by hospital in stillbirth case.
- Charlotte Foster : For the family of a young woman who died from unrecognised complications of the oral contraceptive pill. Coroner referred the treating GP to the GMC.
- Freya Wells : Instructed by treating clinician at inquest concerning the death of a 5 year old child and in subsequent GMC proceedings.
- DO v An NHSFT : For the mother of a woman discharged from mental health services who took her own life and that of her young son. HRA claim settled.
- Dalhaug v LG NHSFT : For the parents of twins, one of whom died as a result of negligent application of forceps during labour. Representation at inquest resulting in Regulation 28 report with criticism of the Trust’s inadequate investigation.
- RS v A Private Hospital : For the family of a mental health patient who took his own life in hospital. Neglect verdict. Following the inquest a high value claim on behalf of the estate, dependents and family as secondary victims was successfully settled.
- AP : For family of a mental health patient who took his own life in a mental health unit. Following the inquest the HRA and estate claim were successfully settled.
- BP : For the partner of a young woman who absconded from an acute mental health unit and took her own life. Following the inquest the HRA, estate and dependency claims were successfully settled.
Birthrights report on racial injustice in maternity care published - May 2022
Shaheen Rahman QC appointed to join the UK Covid-19 Inquiry legal team - May 2022
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Summer/Autumn 2021 – Issue 10 - Jan 2022
Birthrights Inquiry begins hearing evidence - Jun 2021
Healthcare Inquests & Covid-19 – Where Are We Now? - May 2021
How can I search for an individual QMLR article? Using our new Archive website! - Apr 2021
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Winter 2020/21 – Issue 8 - Apr 2021
Shaheen Rahman QC, Gideon Barth and Jo Moore take part in Pathways to Law mock trial - Feb 2021
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Autumn 2020 – Issue 7 - Feb 2021
Shaheen Rahman QC chairs Birthrights’ inquiry into maternal care - Feb 2021
University of Bristol Medical Law Society and Bar Society: Clinical Negligence at the Bar Panel with Shaheen Rahman QC - Nov 2020
Join Chair Shaheen Rahman QC at the AvMA ‘Medico-Legal Issues in the Care of Older People’ Online Conference - Oct 2020
APIL annual clinical negligence conference with speaker Shaheen Rahman QC - Oct 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Summer 2020 – Issue 6 - Sep 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – 2020 – Special Issue – Part 3 - Jul 2020
Inquests in Interesting Times Webinar - Jun 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2020 – Issue 5 - May 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – 2020 – Special Issue – Part 2 - Apr 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review -2020 – Special Issue - Mar 2020
Scope of Duty and Causation: Chester v Afshar Revisited in Leeds - Feb 2020
Law Pod UK Ep. 102: BBC Pay Discrimination with Shaheen Rahman QC - Feb 2020
Shaheen Rahman QC joins panellists at HRLA’s Review of the Year 2019 - Dec 2019
The 1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Autumn 2019 – Issue 3 - Dec 2019
Angus McCullough QC and Shaheen Rahman QC have tackled the question: ‘Disclosure in Closed Material Proceedings: What Has to Be Revealed?’ - Nov 2019
The 1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Summer 2019 – Issue 2 - Aug 2019
Shaheen Rahman QC authors chapter in the UK Supreme Court Yearbook Volume 9 - Jul 2019
The 1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2019 – Issue 1 - May 2019
Shaheen Rahman QC invited to speak at the JUSTICE Human Rights Law Conference 2018 - Oct 2018
Shaheen Rahman QC to speak at Hill Dickinson’s Medical Lecture Series 2018 with Prof. Derek Tuffnell and ENS Representatives - Oct 2018
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman QC appear in Supreme Court prisoner smoking ban appeal - Nov 2017
Law Pod UK Ep. 13: Tackling radicalisation through the civil courts - Oct 2017
Shaheen Rahman QC and Matthew Hill speak at the annual Justice Human Rights Law Conference - Oct 2017
1COR Public Law Seminar – Life, Liberty & Security - Sep 2017
The Times reports on Chambers extremism cases - Jun 2017
Martin Downs in new Radicalisation Judgment about protecting older children and vulnerable adults - Apr 2017
Marina Wheeler QC in Public Interest Immunity & Radicalisation case - Apr 2017
Oliver Sanders QC and Shaheen Rahman QC take Silk - Feb 2017
New QC Appointments Announced Oliver Sanders and Shaheen Rahman - Jan 2017
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman to appear in the Supreme Court in prisoner smoking case - Oct 2016
Shaheen Rahman acts for family in pill death case - Jul 2016
Control order upheld following rehearing - May 2016
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman in Prison Smoking Appeal - Feb 2016
Shaheen Rahman acting for the mother of woman hit by a train along with her 3 year old son - Apr 2015
Shaheen Rahman wins ruling on smoking in jail and the status of Crown premises - Mar 2015
Shaheen Rahman appeared as Special Advocate for a Claimant subject to a TPIM - Apr 2013
Members of 1COR acted in the Mid-Staffordshire NHS Trust Public Inquiry - Feb 2013