University of Bristol Medical Law Society and Bar Society: Clinical Negligence at the Bar Panel with Shaheen Rahman QC - Nov 2020
Court of Protection
Shaheen has been instructed in a number of Court of Protection and best interest cases concerning the withdrawal and refusal of treatment, mental health cases and challenges to reconfiguration of NHS services.
- X & Others v A PCT : Acting for the Trust in a contested hearing in the Court of Protection where multiple parties were in dispute as to whether the patient should be accommodated in a care home or with family members.
- X v A Local Authority : Directly instructed by local authority in a difficult Court of Protection case where a patient’s relative was representing himself and making threats against a social worker.
- Re XX : Instructed to represent a Defendant Health Trust at an urgent out of hours hearing in the High Court Family Division concerning a Jehovah’s Witness who had recently given birth and was refusing a blood transfusion to save her life.
- M v SWLSG MNHST  MHLR 306: Successfully represented the Trust at the MHRT and in the Court of Appeal where it was held that the statutory preconditions for the Claimant’s detention had been complied with.
- Re DP : Instructed to represent a Defendant Health Trust in a case where the relationship with a young patient with Hodgkins Lymphoma had broken down and she was refusing all treatment.
- Re Terry Rodgers : Instructed in a high profile case to represent the interests of a remanded prisoner charged with the murder of his daughter who sought to starve himself to death. Experts disagreed as to whether he had capacity but following a contested hearing he was permitted to die.
Join Chair Shaheen Rahman QC at the AvMA ‘Medico-Legal Issues in the Care of Older People’ Online Conference - Oct 2020
APIL annual clinical negligence conference with speaker Shaheen Rahman QC - Oct 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Summer 2020 – Issue 6 - Sep 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – 2020 – Special Issue – Part 3 - Jul 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2020 – Issue 5 - May 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – 2020 – Special Issue – Part 2 - Apr 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review -2020 – Special Issue - Mar 2020
Scope of Duty and Causation: Chester v Afshar Revisited in Leeds - Feb 2020
Law Pod UK Ep. 102: BBC Pay Discrimination with Shaheen Rahman QC - Feb 2020
Shaheen Rahman QC joins panellists at HRLA’s Review of the Year 2019 - Dec 2019
The 1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Autumn 2019 – Issue 3 - Dec 2019
Angus McCullough QC and Shaheen Rahman QC have tackled the question: ‘Disclosure in Closed Material Proceedings: What Has to Be Revealed?’ - Nov 2019
The 1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Summer 2019 – Issue 2 - Aug 2019
Shaheen Rahman QC authors chapter in the UK Supreme Court Yearbook Volume 9 - Jul 2019
The 1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2019 – Issue 1 - May 2019
Shaheen Rahman QC invited to speak at the JUSTICE Human Rights Law Conference 2018 - Oct 2018
Shaheen Rahman QC to speak at Hill Dickinson’s Medical Lecture Series 2018 with Prof. Derek Tuffnell and ENS Representatives - Oct 2018
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman QC appear in Supreme Court prisoner smoking ban appeal - Nov 2017
Law Pod UK Ep. 13: Tackling radicalisation through the civil courts - Oct 2017
Shaheen Rahman QC and Matthew Hill speak at the annual Justice Human Rights Law Conference - Oct 2017
1COR Public Law Seminar – Life, Liberty & Security - Sep 2017
The Times reports on Chambers extremism cases - Jun 2017
Martin Downs in new Radicalisation Judgment about protecting older children and vulnerable adults - Apr 2017
Marina Wheeler QC in Public Interest Immunity & Radicalisation case - Apr 2017
Oliver Sanders QC and Shaheen Rahman QC take Silk - Feb 2017
New QC Appointments Announced Oliver Sanders and Shaheen Rahman - Jan 2017
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman to appear in the Supreme Court in prisoner smoking case - Oct 2016
Shaheen Rahman acts for family in pill death case - Jul 2016
Control order upheld following rehearing - May 2016
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman in Prison Smoking Appeal - Feb 2016
Shaheen Rahman acting for the mother of woman hit by a train along with her 3 year old son - Apr 2015
Shaheen Rahman wins ruling on smoking in jail and the status of Crown premises - Mar 2015
Shaheen Rahman appeared as Special Advocate for a Claimant subject to a TPIM - Apr 2013
Members of 1COR acted in the Mid-Staffordshire NHS Trust Public Inquiry - Feb 2013