Sarah has a notable specialist costs practice and has appeared in many guideline cases. She has recently been responsible for drafting the Claimants’ costs submissions to the Supreme Court following the decision in Poole Borough Council v GN and Another  UKSC 25.
Her experience covers points of law, test points, Part 36, wasted costs cases (both sides), assessments, CFA compliance and success fees, claims against third party funders, costs budgeting and capping, and personal liability claims against experts, at all court levels.
In 2016 she was instructed on behalf of the Law Society in its intervention in the leap frogged appeal of J C and A in which the Court interpreted the fixed costs provisions in the Pre-action protocol for low value personal injury claims in road traffic accidents.
Sarah also sits as a deputy costs judge in the Senior Court Costs Office.
- The Right Hon Charles Edward Maurice (Ninth) Earl Spencer v Associated Newspapers Ltd (2021): Instructed to advise Associated Newspapers.
- Poole Borough Council v GN and Another  UKSC: Costs submissions.
- JC & A Solicitors Ltd v (1) Andeen Iqbal (2) EUI Ltd: JC & A Solicitors Ltd v (1) Lucas Lonsdale Smith (2) EUI Ltd: JC & A Solicitors Ltd v (1) Holly Pitts (2) EUI Ltd (2017) EWCA Civ 355
- Webb v Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust Court of Appeal (Civil Division)  EWCA Civ 365;  C.P. Rep. 30;  2 Costs L.R. 411; (2016) 150 B.M.L.R. 42
- Michael Richard Cashman v Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust  EWHC 1312 (QB)
- Marion Haycock v Heart of England NHS Trust (2014): Costs arguments in respect of CPR Part 36 and Part 44.2
- Martin Church Deceased v Great Western Hospitals NHS Trust 2012: High Court Part 8 Claim by Claimant seeking to obtain relief from usual costs consequences of accepting a Part 36 offer out of time
- Walter Hall v Thomas, Hardwick, Rathbone & Everton Football Club, Manchester District Registry 21 (2012)
- Medway Primary Care Trust v Marcus  EWCA Civ 750
- Fortune v Roe  EWHC 90180
- E, R (on the application of) v Governing Body of JFS & Anor (Rev 3)  UKSC 1
- Cullen & Anor v Chopra  EWHC 90093
- Arkin v Borchard Lines Ltd & Ors  EWCA Civ 655
- Cafane v London Borough of Lambeth  EWHC 90042
- Smith v Havering Hospitals NHS Trust  EWHC 9002
- Arkin v Borchard Lines Ltd  EWHC 2844 (Comm)
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Autumn 2020 – Issue 7 - Feb 2021
Sarah Lambert QC considers ‘Hourly Expense Rates: A Review at last?’ at the Costs Law Report Conference - Sep 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Summer 2020 – Issue 6 - Sep 2020
Dress for Success with Sarah Lambert QC - Feb 2020
Sarah Lambert QC, on behalf of the family, persuades Coroner to open an inquest into death of young mother - Nov 2018
Sarah Lambert is acting for the family of a cancer patient - Mar 2018
Sarah Lambert QC and Sarabjit Singh QC take silk - Feb 2018
The Sutton Trust’s ‘Pathways to Law: Introduction to Law’ at the London School of Economics - Jan 2018
Sarah Lambert and Sarabjit Singh appointed Queen’s Counsel - Dec 2017
Sarah Lambert successful recovering damages for secondary victim - Aug 2017
Sarah Lambert is acting for the family of a prostate cancer patient - Oct 2016
Robert Seabrook QC and Sarah Lambert represent the widow of a man who died from cancer which his GP failed to diagnose years earlier - Jan 2014
Sarah Lambert appointed as a Deputy Costs Judge (Taxing Master) of the Senior Courts - Jan 2013
Sarah Lambert appointed a Recorder of the South Eastern Circuit - Sep 2012
David Balcombe QC and Sarah Lambert in High Court clinical negligence claim for a breast cancer sufferer - Mar 2012