Sarah Lambert QC, on behalf of the family, persuades Coroner to open an inquest into death of young mother - Nov 2018
Sarah has a notable specialist costs practice. Her experience covers complicated points of law, test points, Part 36, wasted costs cases (both sides), CFA compliance and success fees, claims against third party funders, costs budgeting and capping, and personal liability claims against experts. On costs issues Sarah appears regularly in the SCCO, as well as before the County and High Courts, and in the Court of Appeal. In 2016 she was instructed on behalf of the Law Society in its intervention in the leap frogged appeal of J C and A in which the Court interpreted the fixed costs provisions in the Pre-action protocol for low value personal injury claims in road traffic accidents. Sarah’s costs work has also taken her to the UK Supreme Court, and she appeared in the first case to be heard there on 14 October 2009.
Sarah also sits as a deputy costs judge in the Senior Court Costs Office.
Sarah is recognised both by Chambers UK and by the Legal 500 as a Leading Junior in the field of Costs Litigation.
“Approachable and easy to work with. Recommended for wasted costs cases.’” (Legal 500 2018)
“She is very competent” and “judges like her.” (Chambers & Partners 2018)
“A pleasure to work with.” (Legal 500 2017)
“She gets to the root of the case very quickly and is excellent on her feet. She knows how to read a judge and take the points which need to be taken.” (Chambers & Partners 2017)
- JC & A Solicitors Ltd v (1) Andeen Iqbal (2) EUI Ltd: JC & A Solicitors Ltd v (1) Lucas Lonsdale Smith (2) EUI Ltd: JC & A Solicitors Ltd v (1) Holly Pitts (2) EUI Ltd (2017) EWCA Civ 355.
- Webb v Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust Court of Appeal (Civil Division)  EWCA Civ 365;  C.P. Rep. 30;  2 Costs L.R. 411; (2016) 150 B.M.L.R. 42
- Michael Richard Cashman v Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust  EWHC 1312 (QB)
- Marion Haycock v Heart of England NHS Trust (2014): Costs arguments in respect of CPR Part 36 and Part 44.2.
- Martin Church Deceased v Great Western Hospitals NHS Trust 2012: High Court Part 8 Claim by Claimant seeking to obtain relief from usual costs consequences of accepting a Part 36 offer out of time.
- Walter Hall v Thomas, Hardwick, Rathbone & Everton Football Club, Manchester District Registry 21 (2012).
- Medway Primary Care Trust v Marcus  EWCA Civ 750.
- Fortune v Roe  EWHC 90180.
- E, R (on the application of) v Governing Body of JFS & Anor (Rev 3)  UKSC 1.
- Cullen & Anor v Chopra  EWHC 90093.
- Arkin v Borchard Lines Ltd & Ors  EWCA Civ 655.
- Cafane v London Borough of Lambeth  EWHC 90042.
- Smith v Havering Hospitals NHS Trust  EWHC 9002.
- Arkin v Borchard Lines Ltd  EWHC 2844 (Comm).
Sarah Lambert is acting for the family of a cancer patient - Mar 2018
Sarah Lambert QC and Sarabjit Singh QC take silk - Feb 2018
The Sutton Trust’s ‘Pathways to Law: Introduction to Law’ at the London School of Economics - Jan 2018
Sarah Lambert and Sarabjit Singh appointed Queen’s Counsel - Dec 2017
Sarah Lambert successful recovering damages for secondary victim - Aug 2017
Sarah Lambert is acting for the family of a prostate cancer patient - Oct 2016
Robert Seabrook QC and Sarah Lambert represent the widow of a man who died from cancer which his GP failed to diagnose years earlier - Jan 2014
Sarah Lambert appointed as a Deputy Costs Judge (Taxing Master) of the Senior Courts - Jan 2013
Sarah Lambert appointed a Recorder of the South Eastern Circuit - Sep 2012
David Balcombe QC and Sarah Lambert in High Court clinical negligence claim for a breast cancer sufferer - Mar 2012