Sarah Lambert QC, on behalf of the family, persuades Coroner to open an inquest into death of young mother - Nov 2018
In the Clinical negligence and Healthcare fields Sarah has extensive experience in respect of all areas of medicine and dentistry, from small injuries to highly complex multi-million pound brain injury, spinal and obstetric injury claims, acting both for Claimants and Defendants. Noted for her empathy, she also has a significant case load of fatal cases, particularly those arising out of delayed cancer diagnoses, and cases of suicide by mental health patients.
Sarah is recognised both by Chambers UK and by the Legal 500 as a Leading Junior in the field of Clinical Negligence.
‘She has an extensive experience in respect of all areas of medicine and dentistry.’ (Legal 500 2018)
“Very professional, approachable and accessible.” (Chambers & Partners 2018)
“A decisive and skilful advocate.” (Legal 500 2017)
“Particularly robust when dealing with high-value, complex clinical negligence matters.” “She gets to the root of the case very quickly and is excellent on her feet.” (Chambers & Partners 2017)
“Ruthlessly efficient in dealing with experts and cross-examining witnesses.” (Legal 500 2016)
- DGMP (a child who proceeds by way of his litigation friend, RSTP) v Bedford Hospital NHS Trust (with Central Bedfordshire Council intervening): Approval 2015, £9 million settlement for a cerebral palsy sufferer, residential school fees secured.
- Joseph Cairns v Medway NHS Trust: Judgment 2014, successful defence at trial of a claim alleging orthopaedic negligence.
- Melissa Cutting v Dr Islam 2014 EWHC 720 (QB): Judgment for the Claimant given on 17 March 2014, acting for widowed Claimant in delayed diagnosis of cancer claim.
- Daniel Appleton v Medway NHS Foundation Trust (2013): Successful defence at trial of high court claim re amputation.
- Jacqueline Watson v David Ross RCJ (2012).
- Paul Wright v Basildon & Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, RCJ (2011), LTL 8/12/2011 Document No. AC9301002.
- Chipchase v Marsh, 2010, LTL AC 9200961: Claim arising out of the encirclement of a patient’s ilio-inguinal nerve.
- Christopher Kebby (by his mother and litigation friend Catherine Patricia Kebby) v South West Strategic Health Authority: Settled 2009 for £5 million, cerebral palsy claim acting on behalf of adult c.p. Claimant with a young child of his own.
- Kim Marion Jones v Matthew Newland (2007): Successful defence at trial in a Dental Negligence case. Issue of informed consent. Causation and Chester v Afshar considered.
- Smith v Mr Dai Davies (2006): Successful defence at trial of Consultant Plastic Surgeon arising out of rhino-plasty on a patient with active lupus.
- Steven John Richard Juliff v Drs Hillard, Trigg, Lukaszewicz (2001): Allegation of failure to diagnose HIB meningitis on the part of GPs.
- Matthew Henry Poynter (By Kevin John Poynter) v Hillingdon Health Authority, (1997): Paediatric cardiology.
Sarah Lambert is acting for the family of a cancer patient - Mar 2018
Sarah Lambert QC and Sarabjit Singh QC take silk - Feb 2018
The Sutton Trust’s ‘Pathways to Law: Introduction to Law’ at the London School of Economics - Jan 2018
Sarah Lambert and Sarabjit Singh appointed Queen’s Counsel - Dec 2017
Sarah Lambert successful recovering damages for secondary victim - Aug 2017
Sarah Lambert is acting for the family of a prostate cancer patient - Oct 2016
Robert Seabrook QC and Sarah Lambert represent the widow of a man who died from cancer which his GP failed to diagnose years earlier - Jan 2014
Sarah Lambert appointed as a Deputy Costs Judge (Taxing Master) of the Senior Courts - Jan 2013
Sarah Lambert appointed a Recorder of the South Eastern Circuit - Sep 2012
David Balcombe QC and Sarah Lambert in High Court clinical negligence claim for a breast cancer sufferer - Mar 2012