Dress for Success with Sarah Lambert QC - Feb 2020
Sarah is a highly regarded specialist in clinical negligence. Experienced across the board in all types of medical claims, she now increasingly focuses on highly complex neurological brain injury, spinal, amputation and obstetric injury claims, including twins, and wrongful birth cases, acting both for Claimants and Defendants. Noted for her empathy, she also has a significant caseload of fatal cases, particularly those arising out of delayed cancer diagnoses, cases of suicide by mental health patients, and secondary victim claims.
- MN (a child) v N Hospital NHS Trust 2019: (ongoing) acting for the child claimant in respect of severe neurological injury and deafness suffered as a result of negligent failure to diagnose pneumococcal meningitis and haemolytic uraemic syndrome.
- AB (a child) v B and T University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust 2019: (ongoing) acting for a child suffering from 4 limb dystonic cerebral palsy and delay as a result of mismanagement of an endotracheal tube when he was 8 weeks old.
- XX v X University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust 2019: (ongoing) wrongful birth claim acting for a mother making a claim in respect of the birth of her daughter with Downs Syndrome.
- OG (a child) v M E Hospital Services NHS Trust 2019: (ongoing) obstetric claim acting for a boy twin born with profound neurological injury.
- EN (a child) v S University Hospital NHS Trust 2019: (ongoing) obstetric claim acting for a girl twin born with compromised kidney function.
- CW v M NHS Foundation Trust 2019: (ongoing) claim for an adult female claimant in respect of aortic occlusion leading to bilateral below knee amputations and ischaemic cord damage in the claimant’s mid 40s.
- JB (a child) v C University H NHS Foundation Trust 2019: (ongoing) infant claim for a boy with hypoxic ischaemic birth injury Grade II hie microcephalic, 4 limb cerebral palsy, global developmental delay, blindness, hip dysplasia and epilepsy.
- GP v GOSH NHS Foundation Trust 2019: 7 figure settlement achieved for an adult cerebral palsy sufferer in respect of surgical negligence suffered at the age of 12. Complex arguments in respect of co-morbidities and existing needs.
- A v B and C F Hospitals NHS Trust 2019: fatal claim with 7 figure settlement achieved on behalf of a widower and 2 young children following a maternal sepsis death.
- JP v B and T University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust 2019: £1.6 million settlement achieved for an older female claimant who suffered spinal epidural abscess leading to paraplegia.
- AR v RB NHS Foundation Trust 2018: very hard fought spinal injury claim in respect of tetraplegia suffered following a fall from a chair in hospital. Limited life expectancy claim with a £4.2 million settlement achieved.
- GM (a child) v B H & R U H NHS Trust 2018: achieved a £15 million settlement on behalf of a profoundly neurologically injured child with a limited life expectancy.
- SP (a child) v B W&C C Hospital and R W NHS Trust 2019: (ongoing) acting for the defendants in a complex neurological claim concerning focal brain injury from evolving and untreated hydrocephalus.
- SS v U H B NHS Foundation Trust 2019: (ongoing) acting for the defendant in a high value neurosurgical claim (back) in respect of incomplete paraplegia arising non negligently. Informed consent case.
- TR v P A Hospitals NHS Trust 2019: (ongoing) acting for the defendant in respect of a claim by a child suffering profound neurological injury from neonatal herpes encephalitis.
- JR v GP 1, GP 2 and BC University Health Board 2019: (ongoing) acting for defendant in high value vascular case, (amputation).
- MS v H & District NHS Foundation Trust 2019: (ongoing) acting for the defendant in a wrongful birth claim arising out of the birth of the female infant with phocomelia.
- PH v NB NHS Trust 2019: (ongoing) acting for the defendant in a claim for loss of vision in a young mother.
- XX v S NHS Foundation Trust 2019: (ongoing) defending a £10+million obstetric claim in respect of a child born with acute profound injury without labour.
Sarah Lambert QC, on behalf of the family, persuades Coroner to open an inquest into death of young mother - Nov 2018
Sarah Lambert is acting for the family of a cancer patient - Mar 2018
Sarah Lambert QC and Sarabjit Singh QC take silk - Feb 2018
The Sutton Trust’s ‘Pathways to Law: Introduction to Law’ at the London School of Economics - Jan 2018
Sarah Lambert and Sarabjit Singh appointed Queen’s Counsel - Dec 2017
Sarah Lambert successful recovering damages for secondary victim - Aug 2017
Sarah Lambert is acting for the family of a prostate cancer patient - Oct 2016
Robert Seabrook QC and Sarah Lambert represent the widow of a man who died from cancer which his GP failed to diagnose years earlier - Jan 2014
Sarah Lambert appointed as a Deputy Costs Judge (Taxing Master) of the Senior Courts - Jan 2013
Sarah Lambert appointed a Recorder of the South Eastern Circuit - Sep 2012
David Balcombe QC and Sarah Lambert in High Court clinical negligence claim for a breast cancer sufferer - Mar 2012