Legal Training Consultancy VAT Update Conference 2021 - Jul 2021
Sarabjit has a thriving advisory and court practice in clinical negligence, where he regularly acts for claimants, doctors and hospitals in cases involving complex medical evidence and profound and high-value injuries. His work spans all areas of clinical negligence, such as delayed diagnosis of cancer and birth injury cases and also cases raising more unusual medical issues, one example being a trial on whether the rare disease of necrotising fasciitis should have been detected earlier in an intravenous drug user.
- JM v X Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust 2021: Acting for hospital in complex birth injury claim.
- DG v X NHS Foundation Trust 2020: Instructed by hospital in cerebral palsy claim alleging negligent midwifery advice.
- LN v X GP 2019: Acted for claimant in case concerning alleged failure to refer earlier for investigation of potential brain tumour, which resulted in patient’s death.
- LS v X Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust 2019: Appearing for hospital in case involving alleged delayed diagnosis of infection that led to drastic amputation.
- CT v X Hospitals NHS Trust 2018: Acting for hospital in potentially high-value and medically complex case concerning alleged negligent fundoplication procedure.
- HN v X Hospitals NHS Trust 2018: Acting for surgeon alleged to have carried out negligent bowel operation, with difficult issues on causation and quantum.
- MS v X NHS Foundation Trust 2017: Acted for hospital in lengthy trial on issue of extent of delay in diagnosing necrotising fasciitis in an intravenous drug user; raised medically tricky issues on appropriate antibiotic medication, what ‘localising signs’ were present and what outcome would have been had disease been detected earlier.
- M v X NHS Trust 2017: Acted for hospital in spinal injury case with radically opposing expert evidence as to consequences of timely treatment.
- D v X Hospitals NHS Trust 2017: Acted for claimant in Fatal Accidents and Law Reform (MP) Act claim alleging that oesophageal cancer should have been detected earlier, which raised complex histopathology issues as to state of tumour at various earlier periods of time.
The majority vs Lady Arden: Brexit in action in the courts? - Jun 2021
Sarabjit Singh QC and Jim Duffy appear in key Supreme Court immigration case - May 2021
Law Pod UK Ep. 143: Henry VIII Powers undermining parliamentary supremacy - May 2021
Sarabjit Singh QC speaks to parliamentary cross-party group on commercial sexual exploitation - Oct 2020
Sarabjit Singh QC discusses age verification online with UK Feminista - Jul 2020
Have you read the latest AvMA Newsletter featuring Sarabjit Singh QC, Robert Kellar QC & Dominic Ruck Keene? - Jun 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2020 – Issue 5 - May 2020
Sarabjit Singh QC acts for Home Office in Jamaica deportation flight cases - Feb 2020
1COR hosts Sutton Trust students for an insight into life at the Bar - Oct 2019
Sarabjit Singh QC speaks at the JUSTICE Human Rights Conference 2019 - Oct 2019
Bar Council Social Mobility Advocate Sarabjit Singh QC featured in #IAmTheBar video - Jul 2019
Scope of Duty and Causation: Chester v Afshar Revisited - Jun 2019
Sarabjit Singh QC and Jo Moore successfully defend British Nationality judicial review claims - May 2019
Six members of chambers participate in Inner Temple outreach events - Apr 2019
Sarabjit Singh QC features in the latest AvMA Newsletter - Apr 2019
Sarabjit Singh QC features on SOAS Bar Society & Law Society ‘In conversation with barristers, solicitors, and dispute resolution practitioners’ Panel - Mar 2019
Sarabjit Singh QC in significant Court of Appeal case on internal relocation - Mar 2019
Sarabjit Singh QC profiled as a newly appointed silk - Dec 2018
Sarabjit Singh QC featured in The Times as part of ‘The changing face of the modern bar’ - Nov 2018
Sarabjit Singh QC to appear in Supreme Court - Oct 2018
Proud to partner with The Sutton Trust to positively impact social mobility through their extensive programmes - Oct 2018
Sarabjit Singh QC appears in Court of Appeal in significant deportation case - Oct 2018
Sarabjit Singh QC to speak on I Am The Bar panel at the Bar Council Pupillage Fair - Oct 2018
Sarabjit Singh QC interviewed as a Social Mobility Advocate for The Bar Council’s ‘I am the Bar’ - Jul 2018
Congratulate Jo Moore as the new head of Outreach at 1COR - Jul 2018
Sarah Lambert QC and Sarabjit Singh QC take silk - Feb 2018
Sarah Lambert and Sarabjit Singh appointed Queen’s Counsel - Dec 2017
1 Crown Office Row promotes access to the Bar - Jul 2017
Sarabjit Singh Succeeds on behalf of the United Kingdom in European Court of Justice - Feb 2017
Sarabjit Singh to lead Matt Donmall in landmark rating law case in Supreme Court on Monday - Nov 2016
Equality & Diversity Mini Pupillage Scheme - Oct 2016
Sarabjit Singh to represent UK in European Court of Justice - Sep 2016
Equality & Diversity Mini-Pupillage Scheme is launched - Jun 2016
Sarabjit Singh appears in the Supreme Court - Jun 2016
Sarabjit Singh wins for the Roald Dahl Museum against HMRC - May 2014
New appointments to the Attorney General’s A and C Panels - Feb 2014
Sarabjit Singh wins in Court of Appeal in EU Law case - May 2013
Sarabjit Singh wins VAT case for HMRC in Upper Tribunal - Apr 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2013 - Feb 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2012 - Feb 2012