Law Pod UK Ep. 175: Essential Inquest Law Update - Dec 2022
Over the last few years Rory has gained considerable experience in representing families at inquests in which clinical negligence is suspected:
These deaths have included investigations into very complex areas of medicine and science including:
- paramedic and ambulance care
- neurology and neuroradiology
- general surgery
- emergency medicine
- interventional cardiology
He has also gained experience in:
- Article 2 inquests, involving psychiatric patients and suicide;
- Road traffic inquests (on behalf of both insurers and families);
- Inquests involving deaths in the workplace.
Such undeniably upsetting cases – often very close to the time of the death of a loved one and in difficult circumstances – involve careful and considerate client handling skills that are not always required in civil cases.
Rory regularly lectures on the subject of inquests, and hopes to continue to represent and support families and doctors in what can be a very distressing process for all involved.
Listen to Rory discuss the developments in inquest law that practitioners will need to know about on episode 175 of our podcast, Law Pod UK.
- Inquest into suicide of teenage girl examining a link to prescribed acne medication. Represented her family. (Press links: BBC, ITV, Standard)
- Inquest into death of a newborn from severe anaemia. Acted for the family.
- Inquest into the death of a teenage girl who died as a result of diabetic ketoacidosis. Represented the family. (Press link: ITV)
- Inquest into the death of a baby boy who died as a result of avoidable perinatal asphyxia. Represented the family. (Press links: BBC, Daily Mail, Echo News, Halstead Gazette)
- M4 crash inquest represented the driver of the lorry. (Press links: BBC, ITV, Express, Get Reading)
Rory Badenoch represents family at inquest into avoidable hospital death - May 2022
Rory Badenoch instructed in inquest into death of new-born baby - May 2022
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2021 – Issue 9 - Jul 2021