Richard Smith and Robert Wastell appear in high profile inquest into death of Colette McCulloch - Mar 2019
Professional Discipline & Regulation
Robert is regularly instructed to defend clinicians in professional disciplinary proceedings, most notably before the GMC and GDC.
- GMC proceeding (2018): defended senior gynaecologist from allegations of sexual misconduct.
- GDC v A (2017): Professional Conduct Committee case against a Dental Nurse and Practice Manager accused of acting beyond the scope of their practice. Case successfully referred back to the Investigating Committee and concluded without further action.
- GMC v C (2016): Professional Conduct Committee case for a GP accused of prescribing drugs to non-patients.
- GDC v B (2016): Professional Conduct Committee case for a senior dentist accused of dishonesty and poor professional performance amounting to misconduct. All allegations dismissed save for those in relation to note taking.
- GDC v X (2013): Professional Conduct Committee case for a dentist accused of dishonest failure to declare caution for theft to GDC.
- GDC v Y (2010): Health Committee case concerning a dentist suffering from Kleptomania.
- GMC v Z (2010): Month Long Hearing before Fitness to Practice Panel concerning a colorectal surgeon’s professional performance. Led by Robert Seabrook QC.
Robert Wastell successfully acts for husband denied access to his brain injured wife for 2 years - Jan 2019
Inquest into the death of Alexander Perepilichnyy concludes - Dec 2018
Robert Wastell successfully defends senior gynaecologist from allegations of sexual misconduct - Sep 2018
Robert Wastell acted in an Inquest into the death of Caixia Sun - Feb 2018
Peter Skelton QC and Robert Wastell, Leanne Woods instructed as counsel for the inquest into Mr Perepilichnyy’s death - Apr 2017
Four Members of 1COR involved in the Public Inquiry into the death of Alexander Litvinenko - Jan 2015
Neil Garnham QC, Neil Sheldon and Robert Wastell are representing the Home Secretary in the Public Inquiry into the death of Alexander Litvinenko - Aug 2014
Robert Wastell junior counsel in the Supreme Court Case of Bank Mellat v HM Treasury - Mar 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2013 - Feb 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2012 - Feb 2012
Angus McCullough QC special advocate for Russian cleared of spying in deportation case - Nov 2011