Richard Smith and Robert Wastell appear in high profile inquest into death of Colette McCulloch - Mar 2019
Robert regularly appears in coroners courts around the country for families, GPs, Hospital Trusts, Prisons or other Interested Persons. He is presently instructed as counsel to the coroner in the Inquest into the death of Alexander Perepilichnyy heard at the Old Bailey before the Recorder of London in June 2017 and scheduled to continue in Autumn 2017.
- Re Caixia Sun (2018): Inquest into death of Caixia Sun after she was crushed against a car whilst attending an event at her son’s school.
- Re Alexander Perepilichnyy (2017): Inquest into the sudden death of Russian Alexander Perepilichnyy who is alleged to have been a whistleblower in a large scale fraud.
- Re Felicity Verallo-Robbins (2017): Inquest into the death of seven hour old baby following multiple issues in her pre and post-partum care which were avoidable. Robert represented the parents.
- Re: Inquest into the death of SM (2016): Inquest into the death of a young boy found hanged at the family home. SM had attended A&E 3 weeks previously after being found claiming to want to throw himself in front of cars. Robert represented a Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Re: Rashda Patel (2016): Inquest into the death of a young mother with placenta percreta after failed interventional radiology following the birth of her child by Caesarean Section.
- Re Emily Titterington (2015): Inquest into death of 16 year old who died from a constipation induced heart-attack who was alleged to have a phobia of using the toilet, represented the family’s GP.
Robert Wastell successfully acts for husband denied access to his brain injured wife for 2 years - Jan 2019
Inquest into the death of Alexander Perepilichnyy concludes - Dec 2018
Robert Wastell successfully defends senior gynaecologist from allegations of sexual misconduct - Sep 2018
Robert Wastell acted in an Inquest into the death of Caixia Sun - Feb 2018
Peter Skelton QC and Robert Wastell, Leanne Woods instructed as counsel for the inquest into Mr Perepilichnyy’s death - Apr 2017
Four Members of 1COR involved in the Public Inquiry into the death of Alexander Litvinenko - Jan 2015
Neil Garnham QC, Neil Sheldon and Robert Wastell are representing the Home Secretary in the Public Inquiry into the death of Alexander Litvinenko - Aug 2014
Robert Wastell junior counsel in the Supreme Court Case of Bank Mellat v HM Treasury - Mar 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2013 - Feb 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2012 - Feb 2012
Angus McCullough QC special advocate for Russian cleared of spying in deportation case - Nov 2011