Congratulations to Neil Sheldon QC & Robert Kellar QC on taking silk today - Mar 2019
In clinical negligence he is instructed by both Claimants and Defendants and has considerable experience in complex, multi-party and high value claims. He deals with all types of case including claims involving brain injury, spinal injury, vascular injury and missed cancer diagnoses. He was recently instructed as junior counsel for the Claimants in the Paterson Group ligation.
“He is very approachable and gives excellent practical advice.” (Legal 500 2017)
“He is an extremely bright and forceful advocate, who commands authority in court.” (Legal 500 2016)
“He is very personable with clients and turns around complicated written work quickly.” (Legal 500 2015)
“A total team player.” (Legal 500 2015)
- Various Claimant v. (1) Ian Paterson (2) SPIRE Healthcare (3) Heart of England NHS Trust
- Lucy Diamond v. Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Trust  EWHC 1495 (QB).
- Desmond Muller v. King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 128 (QB)  2 WLR 1595
- Louise Bradbury & Ors v. 1. Ian Paterson 2. Spire Healthcare 3. Heart of England NHS Trust  EWHC 3992
- Goldsmith IBS Ltd v Secretary of State for the Home Department (2016).
- Rosa v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 14.
- Q v General Medical Council  EWHC 6621 (Admin).
- AN (Afghanistan) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 684.
- Bain v Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust (HHJ Seymour QC, Lawtel 12/02/15).
- Bradbury & Ors v (1) Ian Paterson (2) Spire Healthcare (3) Heart of England NHS Trust  EWHC 3992 (QB).
- Carter v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 2603 (Admin).
- Wamala v (1) Home Office (2) Reliance Task Management  EWHC 2039 (QB).
- Francis v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 718.
- Wamala v Home Office  EWHC 1503 (QB).
- Aziz Lamari v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 1503 (QB).
- AN (Afghanistan) & Ors v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 1189.
- D v General Medical Council  EWHC 2114 (Admin).
Congratulations to new silks Neil Sheldon and Robert Kellar - Jan 2019
Richard Booth QC and Robert Kellar to speak at MBL Clinical Negligence 2018 Conference - Nov 2018
The End, the Beginning of the End or the End of the Beginning: Erasure, Remediation and Rights of Appeal in Disciplinary Proceedings - Nov 2018
The Liability of Private Hospitals & Clinics: Lessons from the Paterson Litigation - Nov 2018
Robert Kellar and Michael Deacon overturn dishonesty finding against doctor in Court of Appeal - Sep 2018
Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel QC and Robert Kellar win in the Court of Appeal regarding an employer’s vicarious liability in Barclays Bank v Various Claimants - Jul 2018
30th AvMA Clinical Negligence Conference - Jun 2018
The Liability of Private Hospitals and Clinics - Feb 2018
Robert Kellar succeeds before Lord Chief Justice in challenge to Home Office injunction - Feb 2018
Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel QC and Robert Kellar win preliminary issue on vicarious liability in the High Court - Sep 2017
Elizabeth-Anne Gumbel QC and Robert Kellar succeed in establishing vicarious liability of bank for sexual assaults - Aug 2017
Paterson case listed in The Lawyer top 20 cases for 2017 - Jan 2017
New appointments to the Attorney General’s A and C Panels - Feb 2014
Robert Kellar in High Court ruling that General Medical Council is too late with child sex abuse complaint - Sep 2013
Members Appointed to the Legal Services Board External Panel of Legal Advisors - Dec 2012
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2012 - Feb 2012