Family of world famous opera singer brings clinical negligence claim - Oct 2021
Richard has great experience of appearing before Coroners’ Courts. He brings an in-depth knowledge of healthcare and professional discipline when representing families and a range of Interested Persons at inquests. This includes jury inquests and inquests which garner media attention.
- Inquest touching the death of Susan Warby (2021)
- Inquest touching the death of SS (2020): death from complications of sepsis.
- Inquest touching the death of LZ (2020): death of teenage with CHARGE syndrome.
- Inquest touching the death of Colette McCulloch (2019)
- Inquest touching the death of Lauren Sandell (2018): failure to provide vaccination for Meningitis W.
- Inquest touching the death of Robert Entenmann (2015): death in private hospital following routine surgery.
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2021 – Issue 9 - Jul 2021
Richard Smith instructed in high profile Sepsis Inquest - Jan 2020
Richard Smith and Robert Wastell appear in high profile inquest into death of Colette McCulloch - Mar 2019
The Liability of Private Hospitals & Clinics: Lessons from the Paterson Litigation - Nov 2018
Inquest into death of student from Meningitis - Jun 2018
Verdict of Neglect From Coroner in City Banker’s Death In Private Hospital - Oct 2016