Law Pod UK Ep. 146: 5 Key Medical Law Updates - Jun 2021
Healthcare and Court of Protection
Richard frequently acts in a range of health and healthcare-related matters, such as:
- Representing a counsellor as an interested party to Crown Court proceedings involving questions of data protection and patient confidentiality.
- Appearing on behalf of a healthcare practitioner as an intervener to care proceedings under the Children Act 1989.
- Advising one of the major Medical Defence Organisations on policy issues of patient confidentiality during regulatory inspection.
- Advising and providing representation in relation to challenges to contractual terms imposed on GPs and dentists and termination of GMS/GDS contracts.
- Representing two (of fifteen) respondents in a £4.45m employment tribunal claim brought by a former hospital consultant involving allegations of aiding sex and race discrimination.
Latest AvMA Newsletter looks at Funding Claims and Inquests - Jun 2021
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Summer 2020 – Issue 6 - Sep 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – 2020 – Special Issue – Part 3 - Jul 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – 2020 – Special Issue – Part 2 - Apr 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review -2020 – Special Issue - Mar 2020
Philip Havers QC and Richard Mumford successfully resist appeal in consent case - Jun 2018
Richard Mumford acts for family at inquest leading to review of baby deaths - Apr 2017
Profits from the sale of the Inquest Book given to the Bar Pro Bono Unit - Nov 2016
Illegal drug use a bar to care and deputyship claim - May 2016
1COR quiz team wins the Leigh Day / Silverlining Brain Injury Charity Quiz night - Feb 2015
London and Brighton Members and clerks take part in the London to Brighton Bike ride - May 2014
Richard Mumford represents a nurse in disciplinary hearings for not disclosing her partners criminal convictions - Apr 2014
Richard Mumford successful in Employment Appeal Tribunal - Mar 2014
Ten 1COR members and our Chambers Academic have contributed to the 3rd Edition of “Burnett-Hall on Environmental Law” - Feb 2013
Richard Mumford successfully defends private hospital in shoulder injury claim - Dec 2012
Richard Mumford in inquest into death through neglect of a man in intensive care - Nov 2012
Team of four from 1COR in Supreme Court win in nuclear testing limitation case - Mar 2012
Richard Mumford successful in £4.45m hospital consultant Employment Tribunal case - Dec 2011
Court of Appeal victory for Ministry of Defence in Atomic Veterans case - Dec 2010