1COR named ‘Personal Injury/Clinical Negligence Set of the Year’ in the Legal 500 UK Awards 2019 - Feb 2019
Richard is instructed in cases of the highest value and complexity, his clinical negligence practice is split approximately 50/50 between claimants and defendants. He has a particular expertise in high value clinical negligence claims arising out of a sporting context, involving doctors and physiotherapists.
- W v J : advised that successful application be made to strike out mismanagement of concussion claim brought by former Premiership rugby union player against Club doctor.
- S v K : secured substantial settlement for Serbian businessman who had not been given adequate post-operative care following robotically assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy performed privately in Harley Street.
- T v X Rugby Club & Others : secured substantial settlement for rugby international in whom an arm fracture had been missed and who had played on with the fracture for 15 months.
- Barrett v Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust  EWHC 2627 (QB): successfully defended blindness claim brought by young diabetic male. Montgomery issues.
- Owers v (1) Medway NHS Foundation Trust (2) Secretary Of State For Health  EWHC 2363 (QB): successfully defended stroke claim and secondary victim psychiatric injury claim.
- Meiklejohn v St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 120: acted for claimant in hugely complex aplastic anaemia case where true diagnosis came from sample taken for research purposes.
Richard Booth QC and Robert Kellar to speak at MBL Clinical Negligence 2018 Conference - Nov 2018
The End, the Beginning of the End or the End of the Beginning: Erasure, Remediation and Rights of Appeal in Disciplinary Proceedings - Nov 2018
The Liability of Private Hospitals & Clinics: Lessons from the Paterson Litigation - Nov 2018
Richard Booth QC wins damages for psychiatric injury for mother of child with cerebral palsy - Nov 2018
Delighted to announce that Richard Booth QC and Philip Havers QC are nominated for Chambers Bar Awards - Oct 2018
Brain damaged child receives over £18m in compensation in clinical negligence claim - Oct 2018
Chambers is delighted to announce that Richard Booth QC will take over from Philip Havers QC as Head of Chambers - Oct 2018
Capsticks Seminar ‘Resolving obstetric claims: medicine and the law’ with Richard Booth QC - Sep 2018
Richard Booth QC wins Montgomery claim for the defendant - Apr 2018
Richard Booth QC defends Ebola crisis volunteer - Mar 2017
Blanket doping bans and human rights. Does a blanket ban on Russian athletes competing at Rio 2016 contravene human rights law? - Jan 2017
Richard Booth QC successfully defends stroke and secondary victim claims - Aug 2015
Richard Booth QC in inquest where expert states that the death of a child could have been avoided - Jun 2015
1COR quiz team wins the Leigh Day / Silverlining Brain Injury Charity Quiz night - Feb 2015
Richard Booth QC successfully defends GPs against allegations of negligence - Jan 2015
Richard Booth QC defends Consultant Breast Surgeon in GMC - May 2013
Richard Booth succeeds in application for Silk - Feb 2013