Richard Booth KC instructed in Joe Marler rugby disciplinary hearing - Dec 2022
Richard is instructed in cases of the highest value and complexity, his clinical negligence practice is split approximately 50/50 between claimants and defendants. He has a particular expertise in high value clinical negligence claims arising out of a sporting context, involving doctors and physiotherapists.
- PDR v Guy’s and St Thomas’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (2020): £37m settlement for catastrophic brain injury at birth.
- KXM v Welsh Health Board (2020): complex, high value claim arising from catastrophic brain injury at birth.
- Hewes v West Hertfordshire NHS Trust & Another  EWCA Civ 1523: Court of Appeal case concerning alleged negligent delay in diagnosing and treating cauda equina syndrome.
- XAS v Medway NHS Foundation Trust (2020): high value claim for child with severe cerebral palsy following catastrophic brain injury at birth in addition to earlier securing damages for psychiatric injury for the mother.
- Birth Injury Settlement (2019): young boy deprived at oxygen at birth with right-sided physical difficulties and neurodevelopmental and neurocognitive problems.
- YAH v Medway NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 2964 : damages for psychiatric injury for mother of child with cerebral palsy.
- Birth Injury Settlement (2018): led Suzanne Lambert in £18m compensation in clinical negligence claim.
- Bayley v George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust  EWHC 3398 (QB) : successfully defended against a Montgomery claim.
- W v J : advised that successful application be made to strike out mismanagement of concussion claim brought by former Premiership rugby union player against Club doctor.
- S v K : secured substantial settlement for Serbian businessman who had not been given adequate post-operative care following robotically assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy performed privately in Harley Street.
- T v X Rugby Club & Others : secured substantial settlement for rugby international in whom an arm fracture had been missed and who had played on with the fracture for 15 months.
- Barrett v Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust  EWHC 2627 (QB): successfully defended blindness claim brought by young diabetic male. Montgomery issues.
- Owers v (1) Medway NHS Foundation Trust (2) Secretary Of State For Health  EWHC 2363 (QB): successfully defended stroke claim and secondary victim psychiatric injury claim.
- Meiklejohn v St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 120: acted for claimant in hugely complex aplastic anaemia case where true diagnosis came from sample taken for research purposes.
Richard Booth QC to speak at the Personal Injury Update 2022 – An Online Half Day Conference - Jun 2022
Richard Booth QC in Six Nations rugby case - May 2022
Pupillage Application Tips and Life at the Bar with 1COR - Dec 2021
Legal Training Clinical Negligence Half Day Online Conference for the Lee Spark NF Foundation - Sep 2021
Clinical Negligence Half Day Online Conference for the Lee Spark NF Foundation - Sep 2020
£37 million awarded to young boy left brain damaged at birth - Jul 2020
Brain damaged child receives over £11m in compensation in clinical negligence claim - May 2020
Members of chambers participate in Inner Temple outreach day - Nov 2019
Silks at 1COR on both sides in £30m Birth Injury Settlement - Oct 2019
1COR Brighton’s annual Ghulam Hussain Volleyball Cup is here! - Jul 2019
Looking forward to the AvMA Clinical Negligence Conference 2019 - Jun 2019
1COR walk in the LLST’s London Legal Walk 2019 - Jun 2019
Richard Booth QC successfully defends vet accused of dishonesty - May 2019
Richard Booth QC to chair AvMA’s Medico-Legal Issues in Accident & Emergency Care Conference - Mar 2019
1COR named ‘Personal Injury/Clinical Negligence Set of the Year’ in the Legal 500 UK Awards 2019 - Feb 2019
Richard Booth QC and Robert Kellar to speak at MBL Clinical Negligence 2018 Conference - Nov 2018
The End, the Beginning of the End or the End of the Beginning: Erasure, Remediation and Rights of Appeal in Disciplinary Proceedings - Nov 2018
The Liability of Private Hospitals & Clinics: Lessons from the Paterson Litigation - Nov 2018
Richard Booth QC wins damages for psychiatric injury for mother of child with cerebral palsy - Nov 2018
Delighted to announce that Richard Booth QC and Philip Havers QC are nominated for Chambers Bar Awards - Oct 2018
Brain damaged child receives over £18m in compensation in clinical negligence claim - Oct 2018
Chambers is delighted to announce that Richard Booth QC will take over from Philip Havers QC as Head of Chambers - Oct 2018
Capsticks Seminar ‘Resolving obstetric claims: medicine and the law’ with Richard Booth QC - Sep 2018
Law Pod UK Ep. 39: Employment/Disciplinary injunction success for psychiatrist - Jul 2018
Richard Booth QC wins Montgomery claim for the defendant - Apr 2018
Richard Booth QC defends Ebola crisis volunteer - Mar 2017
Blanket doping bans and human rights. Does a blanket ban on Russian athletes competing at Rio 2016 contravene human rights law? - Jan 2017
Richard Booth QC successfully defends stroke and secondary victim claims - Aug 2015
Richard Booth QC in inquest where expert states that the death of a child could have been avoided - Jun 2015
1COR quiz team wins the Leigh Day / Silverlining Brain Injury Charity Quiz night - Feb 2015
Richard Booth QC successfully defends GPs against allegations of negligence - Jan 2015
Richard Booth QC defends Consultant Breast Surgeon in GMC - May 2013
Richard Booth succeeds in application for Silk - Feb 2013