Rajkiran Barhey summarises recent inquest into the death of Jonnie Meek in AvMA Newsletter - Dec 2020
Kiran has experience acting for both claimants and defendants in a range of clinical negligence matters. While seconded to a partner at a leading claimant clinical negligence firm for a year, she gained significant experience in high value claims, particularly brain injury.
She has appeared in CCMCs, approval hearings and application hearings. She also regularly prepares pleadings and has particular expertise in quantum in high value cases.
- Instructed by Claimant as a junior in a quantum-only wrongful birth claim where the Claimant has a range of complex care needs.
- Advised a Defendant in writing on liability and quantum in a case concerning allegations of inadequate consent for surgery where complications led to blindness in one eye.
- Advised a Defendant in writing on the underlying law in a proposed negligence claim by A (C’s son) arising out of the murder of C by her daughter, B, who had been discharged by the Trust’s mental health services. Advice also provided on a potential Article 2 claim.
- Drafted witness statements for the Ministry of Defence in a claim brought by a soldier deployed in Afghanistan alleging failure to diagnose and treat PTSD.
- Drafted an approval advice for a Claimant in a claim against a care home and represented the Claimant at the subsequent approval hearing.
Tonight’s the night for the Bar Pro Bono Awards - Nov 2020
Congratulations to our 5 juniors nominated for Advocate’s Young Pro Bono Barrister of the Year Award - Oct 2020
London Legal Support Trust x10 Challenge - Oct 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Summer 2020 – Issue 6 - Sep 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – 2020 – Special Issue – Part 3 - Jul 2020
ARDL Webinar: An Inquiry for Inquiry’s Sake? - Jul 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2020 – Issue 5 - May 2020
Coronavirus lawsuits across Europe, UK and USA in Wired UK - May 2020
LawPod UK Ep. 109: Medical Law Developments - Apr 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – 2020 – Special Issue – Part 2 - Apr 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review -2020 – Special Issue - Mar 2020
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Winter 2019/20 – Issue 4 - Mar 2020
The 1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Autumn 2019 – Issue 3 - Dec 2019
Rajkiran Barhey succeeds for the claimant appellant in South Downs National Park planning inquiry - Nov 2019
Rajkiran Barhey instructed in South Downs National Park planning inquiry - Nov 2019
1COR hosts Sutton Trust students for an insight into life at the Bar - Oct 2019
The 1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Summer 2019 – Issue 2 - Aug 2019
The 1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Spring 2019 – Issue 1 - May 2019
National Park Land: Protected or Publicly Accessible? - May 2019
Law Pod UK Ep 77: Anonymity for Claimants, Anonymity for Doctors - Apr 2019
Six members of chambers participate in Inner Temple outreach events - Apr 2019
Rajkiran Barhey featured in the latest AvMA Newsletter - Dec 2018
The Liability of Private Hospitals & Clinics: Lessons from the Paterson Litigation - Nov 2018
Delighted to welcome Rajkiran Barhey as a tenant following the successful completion of her pupillage - Sep 2018
Law Pod UK Ep. 20: Assessing discrimination in faith-based state schools - Dec 2017