Philip Havers QC instructed in legal challenge to lockdown - May 2020
- Legal challenge to COVID-19 Lockdown (2020): Lead counsel in legal challenge to the lawfulness of the Government’s Covid-19 lockdown.
- Dulgheriu v London Borough of Ealing Council (2019): Local Authority’s power to prevent protests outside an abortion clinic. Awaiting Supreme Court’s permission to appeal.
- Hon. Chief Justice of Trinidad and Tobago v The Law Association of Trinidad and Tobago  UKPC 23: Appeal concerning lawfulness of an investigation into allegations in the local press.
- Black v Secretary of State for Justice  EWCA Civ 125: Claim by prisoner in respect of the Government’s failure to apply the statutory ban on smoking to state prisons on the grounds of Crown immunity.
- Keep Wythenshawe Special Ltd v NHS Central Manchester CCG  EWHC 17 (Admin): Challenge to the reconfiguration of medical services provided at hospitals in Manchester.
- R (Tracey) v Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 3860 (Admin): Claim against a Trust in respect of DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) Notices placed on deceased’s notes raising issues as to the adequacy of the Trust’s guidance on DNR Notices and the failure of the Secretary of State for Health to promulgate national guidance.
- R (Mousa) v Secretary of State for Defence  EWHC 1412 (Admin) and  EWCA Civ 1334: Whether the Secretary of State should hold a public inquiry into allegations of abuse made by Iraqi civilians against the armed forces during the occupation of Iraq.
- Legal Ombudsman v Young  EWHC 2923 (Admin): Guidance given as to procedure and general approach to be adopted by the Ombudsman and the Court in cases where a solicitor has failed to comply with a notice from the Ombudsman.
- R (Crosbie) v Secretary of State for Defence  EWHC 879 (Admin): Claim by army chaplain in public law and under Article 6 of the Convention for loss of his career.
- R (Semoff) v Liverpool PCT: Challenge to the decision to build a new hospital in Liverpool on the basis that because it was to be paid for under PFI it was poor value for money.
- A v B (Investigatory Powers Tribunal: Jurisdiction)  EWCA Civ 24,  3All ER416, CA: Jurisdiction of Investigatory Powers Tribunal.
- R (Compton) v Wiltshire PCT  EWCA Civ 749,  1WLR 1436, CA: Circumstances in which Protective Costs Orders are to be granted.
- R (Lynch) v General Dental Council  1 ALL ER 1159: Admissibility of expert evidence in Judicial Review.
Philip Havers QC and Hannah Noyce look at disclosure in PI Focus - May 2020
Three 1COR members appear in landmark case about disclosure of confidential medical information: ABC v St George’s Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust & ors - Nov 2019
1COR walk in the LLST’s London Legal Walk 2019 - Jun 2019
Protecting children from harm: CN & GN v Poole Borough Council - Jun 2019
Philip Havers QC, Emma-Louise Fenelon & Charlotte Gilmartin discuss Darnley v Croydon Health Services at Weightmans’ Healthcare Training Seminar - Apr 2019
Delighted to announce that Richard Booth QC and Philip Havers QC are nominated for Chambers Bar Awards - Oct 2018
The Supreme Court has handed down its judgment in this interesting and important claim in Darnley v Croydon Health Services - Oct 2018
Chambers is delighted to announce that Richard Booth QC will take over from Philip Havers QC as Head of Chambers - Oct 2018
1COR represent the Chief Justice of Trinidad & Tobago in an appeal to the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council - Jul 2018
Seven 1COR members in landmark Supreme Court case - Jul 2018
Philip Havers QC and Richard Mumford successfully resist appeal in consent case - Jun 2018
Philip Havers QC appears today in the Supreme Court in Darnley v Croydon Health Services - Jun 2018
The Supreme Court has granted permission to the Appellants to appeal in the case of CN (1) & GN (2) v Poole Borough Council - Mar 2018
Philip Havers QC successful in interesting clinical negligence claim - Nov 2017
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman QC appear in Supreme Court prisoner smoking ban appeal - Nov 2017
Supreme Court will hear case involving the liability of the NHS for Hospital Receptionists - Oct 2017
Philip Havers QC and Adam Wagner successful in High Court Securitas Raid repatriation Judicial Review - Jul 2017
Philip Havers QC leads Adam Wagner in High Court Securitas Raid repatriation Judicial Review - Jul 2017
Clinical negligence and the duty to disclose: full house of 1COR members in high profile Court of Appeal case - Jun 2017
Philip Havers QC and Neil Sheldon succeed in Supreme Court on Art 8 Rights case - May 2017
Stephen Miller QC, Philip Havers QC and Owain Thomas QC in a significant clinical negligence judgment - Apr 2017
Philip Havers QC wins appeal about negligence of NHS Receptionist - Mar 2017
Philip Havers QC and Isabel Mcardle represent APIL in a judicial review brought by the Association of British Insurers - Jan 2017
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman to appear in the Supreme Court in prisoner smoking case - Oct 2016
1 Crown Office Row supports LGBT Freebar - Feb 2016
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman in Prison Smoking Appeal - Feb 2016
”Healthier Together” judicial review challenge dismissed - Jan 2016
1COR in Healthier Together judicial review - Dec 2015
Philip Havers QC, Rachel Marcus and Kate Beattie contribute to 5th edition of Clinical Negligence - Sep 2015
Philip Havers QC in another important right to die case challenging GMC guidance in such cases - Jul 2015
Four members of 1COR in duty of care case - Jun 2015
Supreme Court decision in the Right to Die case of Martin - Jun 2014
1COR appear on both sides of a case where a woman had to wait 100 minutes for an ambulance - Jun 2014
Philip Havers QC, Jeremy Hyam and Kate Beattie in landmark Court of Appeal victory for patient rights in DNACPR decisions - Jun 2014
Philip Havers QC, Jeremy Hyam and Kate Beattie appear in the Court of Appeal for the family of Janet Tracey - May 2014
Philip Havers QC represented the Ministry of Defence in the appeal by Marine Al Blackman who was convicted of murdering an injured Taliban insurgent - Apr 2014
Philip Havers QC in the Court of Appeal on the Right to Die case of Martin - May 2013
Philip Havers QC, Jeremy Hyam and Marina Wheeler in judicial review on consultation re closure of centres for paediatric cardiac surgery - Mar 2013
Philip Havers QC represents the LSB in a Supreme Court case regarding the legal privilege of accountants offering tax advice - Feb 2013
Members Appointed to the Legal Services Board External Panel of Legal Advisors - Dec 2012
Philip Havers QC and Sydney Chawatama win in Court of Appeal on a matter of fact in breast cancer claim - Mar 2012
Philip Havers QC in the Privy Council for the Governor of the Turks and Caicos and the Commissioner in corruption allegations - Mar 2012
Philip Havers QC in High Court decision on legality of professional advice in right to die case of Martin - Feb 2012
Philip Havers QC appointed specialist advisor to the Legal Services Board - Jan 2010