1COR walk in the LLST’s London Legal Walk 2019 - Jun 2019
- Darnley v Croydon Health Services NHS Trust  UKSC 50: Whether A&E receptionists owe a duty of care to patients to inform them correctly as to waiting times.
- Meadows v Khan  EWHC 2990 (QB): a wrongful birth claim concerning the recoverability of additional costs arising out of an unconnected disability.
- Sullivan v Guy’s & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 602 (QB): Claim by child patient in respect of cardiac surgery in the course of which the temperature of his body was significantly cooled.
- FE v St George’s University Hospitals NHS Trust  EWHC 553: Claim by infant in respect of care provided around the time of his birth.
- Williams v Bermuda Hospitals Board  UKPC 4: Ruling by Privy Council as to correct approach to causation in clinical negligence cases.
- Rich v Hull & East Yorks Hospitals NHS Trust  EWHC 3395: Claim by pregnant mother alleging failure to provide steroids during her pregnancy.
- Nyang v Dr Thomas  EWHC 3946 (QB): Claim by detainee against local GP and mental health nurse.
- Burnett v Dr Lynch  EWCA Civ 347: (Correct approach to clinical negligence appeals on the facts.
- R v Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust  EWHC 492 (QB): Claim for damages in respect of complex spinal surgery to correct scoliosis.
- Whiston v London SHA  EWCA Civ 195  Med LR 132, CA: Actual knowledge, constructive knowledge and discretion in limitation in a clinical negligence claim 32 years after the events complained of.
- Thompstone v Tameside & Glossop Acute Services NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 5,  1WLR 2207, CA: Appropriate index for periodical payments.
- Crouch v King’s Healthcare NHS Trust  1 WLR 2015, CA: Offer to settle by NHSLA, whether to be treated as if payment into court.
- Gregg v Scott  2 AC 176, HL: Damages for loss of a chance.
- Thomas v Brighton Health Authority  1 AC 345, HL: Multipliers.
Protecting children from harm: CN & GN v Poole Borough Council - Jun 2019
Philip Havers QC, Emma-Louise Fenelon & Charlotte Gilmartin discuss Darnley v Croydon Health Services at Weightmans’ Healthcare Training Seminar - Apr 2019
1 Crown Office Row supports LGBT Freebar - Feb 2016
Delighted to announce that Richard Booth QC and Philip Havers QC are nominated for Chambers Bar Awards - Oct 2018
The Supreme Court has handed down its judgment in this interesting and important claim in Darnley v Croydon Health Services - Oct 2018
Chambers is delighted to announce that Richard Booth QC will take over from Philip Havers QC as Head of Chambers - Oct 2018
1COR represent the Chief Justice of Trinidad & Tobago in an appeal to the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council - Jul 2018
Seven 1COR members in landmark Supreme Court case - Jul 2018
Philip Havers QC and Richard Mumford successfully resist appeal in consent case - Jun 2018
Philip Havers QC appears today in the Supreme Court in Darnley v Croydon Health Services - Jun 2018
The Supreme Court has granted permission to the Appellants to appeal in the case of CN (1) & GN (2) v Poole Borough Council - Mar 2018
Philip Havers QC successful in interesting clinical negligence claim - Nov 2017
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman QC appear in Supreme Court prisoner smoking ban appeal - Nov 2017
Supreme Court will hear case involving the liability of the NHS for Hospital Receptionists - Oct 2017
Philip Havers QC and Adam Wagner successful in High Court Securitas Raid repatriation Judicial Review - Jul 2017
Philip Havers QC leads Adam Wagner in High Court Securitas Raid repatriation Judicial Review - Jul 2017
Clinical negligence and the duty to disclose: full house of 1COR members in high profile Court of Appeal case - Jun 2017
Philip Havers QC and Neil Sheldon succeed in Supreme Court on Art 8 Rights case - May 2017
Stephen Miller QC, Philip Havers QC and Owain Thomas QC in a significant clinical negligence judgment - Apr 2017
Philip Havers QC wins appeal about negligence of NHS Receptionist - Mar 2017
Philip Havers QC and Isabel Mcardle represent APIL in a judicial review brought by the Association of British Insurers - Jan 2017
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman to appear in the Supreme Court in prisoner smoking case - Oct 2016
Philip Havers QC and Shaheen Rahman in Prison Smoking Appeal - Feb 2016
”Healthier Together” judicial review challenge dismissed - Jan 2016
1COR in Healthier Together judicial review - Dec 2015
Philip Havers QC, Rachel Marcus and Kate Beattie contribute to 5th edition of Clinical Negligence - Sep 2015
Philip Havers QC in another important right to die case challenging GMC guidance in such cases - Jul 2015
Four members of 1COR in duty of care case - Jun 2015
Supreme Court decision in the Right to Die case of Martin - Jun 2014
1COR appear on both sides of a case where a woman had to wait 100 minutes for an ambulance - Jun 2014
Philip Havers QC, Jeremy Hyam and Kate Beattie in landmark Court of Appeal victory for patient rights in DNACPR decisions - Jun 2014
Philip Havers QC, Jeremy Hyam and Kate Beattie appear in the Court of Appeal for the family of Janet Tracey - May 2014
Philip Havers QC represented the Ministry of Defence in the appeal by Marine Al Blackman who was convicted of murdering an injured Taliban insurgent - Apr 2014
Philip Havers QC in the Court of Appeal on the Right to Die case of Martin - May 2013
Philip Havers QC, Jeremy Hyam and Marina Wheeler in judicial review on consultation re closure of centres for paediatric cardiac surgery - Mar 2013
Philip Havers QC represents the LSB in a Supreme Court case regarding the legal privilege of accountants offering tax advice - Feb 2013
Members Appointed to the Legal Services Board External Panel of Legal Advisors - Dec 2012
Philip Havers QC and Sydney Chawatama win in Court of Appeal on a matter of fact in breast cancer claim - Mar 2012
Philip Havers QC in the Privy Council for the Governor of the Turks and Caicos and the Commissioner in corruption allegations - Mar 2012
Philip Havers QC in High Court decision on legality of professional advice in right to die case of Martin - Feb 2012
Philip Havers QC appointed specialist advisor to the Legal Services Board - Jan 2010