Congratulations to David Manknell, Suzanne Lambert, Alasdair Henderson, Natasha Barnes and Paul Reynolds on their appointments to Attorney General’s Panel of Counsel - Jul 2019
- Represented a taxpayer in important case concerning the correct test for determining when a dwelling’s council tax band may be altered.
- Advised taxpayers on the English and European law relating to VAT groups and claims for repayment of overpaid taxes.
- HMRC v Marco Trading: Assisted in drafting the skeleton argument for HMRC who were appealing the decision of the First Tier Tribunal in a matter relating to the EU system for preferential treatment in respect of imports from certain developing countries. HMRC argued that the relevant supplies did not qualify for preferential treatment because, inter alia, their origin had not been adequately proved by the importing company.
- Drafted the skeleton argument resisting an appeal from a decision of HMRC that the appellant company had failed to account for VAT on taxable supplies that it made in the UK. The appeal raised questions relating to place of establishment for tax purposes and allegations of abuse of the EU VAT rules.
- Assisted in providing advice in relation to the Financial Transaction Tax being proposed by the European Commission (2013).
Paul Reynolds represents taxpayer in High Court - Nov 2018
Paul Reynolds successfully represents family at inquest into death of a patient - Oct 2018
Lizanne Gumbel QC and Paul Reynolds featured in The Lawyer’s Top 20 Cases of 2018 - Feb 2018
Unlawful Killing – Hillsborough Inquest Handed Down - Apr 2016
Christina Lambert QC Lead Counsel to the new Hillsborough Inquests with Matthew Hill and Paul Reynolds as Junior Counsel - Mar 2014
Paul Reynolds represents the family in an inquest into a death following the failure of a paramedic to treat correctly - Nov 2013