Paul Reynolds represents taxpayer in High Court - Nov 2018
Paul has a great deal of experience acting for both claimants and defendants in clinical negligence cases, and regularly appears in the High Court and County Court for trials, applications, and other procedural hearings. His clinical negligence work also frequently includes advising on complex points of law that may arise out of a clinical negligence claim.
- Successfully defended a number of high-value claims against GP involving delayed diagnosis of cancer.
- Acted for the Claimant in a trial arising out of a misinterpreted x-ray, leading to a failure to properly treat a complex fracture.
- Acted for the Claimant who suffered almost total loss of vision in one eye following complications arising from cataract surgery.
- Defended an NHS Trust in a High Court action where claims have been brought by secondary victims who alleged psychiatric injury following death.
- Advised an NHS Foundation Trust as to its liability in respect of the negligent treatment of an NHS patient whose care was provided in a private hospital, but was funded by the Trust as part of its NHS waiting list reduction initiative.
- Advised in relation to pure economic loss, in a claim where failure to diagnose was said to have caused the Claimant to have made a less advantageous redundancy agreement than he would have otherwise.
- Advised as to whether a professional indemnity insurer may refuse to provide indemnity in circumstances where the indemnified party has failed to fully co-operate with its investigation, despite that refusal not prejudicing the insurer.
- Advised a Primary Care Trust as to its liability in respect of the negligent treatment of a seriously disabled patient by a third party contractor.
Paul Reynolds successfully represents family at inquest into death of a patient - Oct 2018
Lizanne Gumbel QC and Paul Reynolds featured in The Lawyer’s Top 20 Cases of 2018 - Feb 2018
Unlawful Killing – Hillsborough Inquest Handed Down - Apr 2016
Christina Lambert QC Lead Counsel to the new Hillsborough Inquests with Matthew Hill and Paul Reynolds as Junior Counsel - Mar 2014
Paul Reynolds represents the family in an inquest into a death following the failure of a paramedic to treat correctly - Nov 2013