Natasha Barnes instructed in challenge to MI5 Agents engaging in criminal activity - Nov 2019
Natasha advises and acts for a range of government and private clients across a wide spectrum of administrative and public law. She is a member of the Attorney General’s B Panel.
- R v SSHD  EWHC 1772 (Admin): Junior counsel in high profile litigation challenging the use of children as informants in criminal investigations, known as ‘child spies.’
- R (TN & US) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 2838: Junior Counsel in joined lead cases concerning the lawfulness of the Detained Fast Track Rules 2005. 10,000 appeals were heard under the Rules. Appeal and judicial review claim dismissed, currently on appeal to the Supreme Court.
- R (NM) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 2798 (Admin): Sole counsel in a complex trafficking claim involving a 3-day hearing before the High Court.
- R (Nawaz) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  UKUT 288 (IAC): Sole counsel in a Judicial Review challenge arising out of the ETS language testing fraud.
- R (Siddique) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 570: Sole counsel in proceedings before the Court of Appeal. Natasha successfully argued that the Secretary of State acted lawfully in refusing to issue an appealable removal decision to the Appellant. The Court of Appeal praised parties’ ‘helpful and realistic’ submissions.
Natasha Barnes successful for HMRC in Court of Appeal - Aug 2019
Congratulations to David Manknell, Suzanne Lambert, Alasdair Henderson, Natasha Barnes and Paul Reynolds on their appointments to Attorney General’s Panel of Counsel - Jul 2019
Natasha Barnes appears in “child spies” case - Jul 2019
Natasha Barnes appears in Court of Appeal regarding due diligence requirements imposed on alcohol wholesale traders - May 2019
Natasha Barnes in complex partial exemption dispute in N Brown v HMRC - Mar 2019
Natasha Barnes succeeds for HMRC in significant tax case addressing whether supplies can be treated differently for VAT purposes across the devolved nations - Jan 2019
Natasha Barnes succeeds for HMRC in multi-million pound test case - Dec 2018
Natasha Barnes appears in Court of Appeal ruling that 10,000 fast track asylum appeals were not necessarily unfair - Dec 2018
Natasha Barnes wins in Court of Appeal regarding the Secretary of State’s powers to deprive individuals of British citizenship - Sep 2018
Natasha Barnes successful for the Secretary of State in national security case - Apr 2018
Natasha Barnes successful in this appeal against HMRC’s decision to revoke the approval of Rurkhee Trading under WOWGR - Apr 2018
Celebrate and support Lizanne Gumbel QC, her son Mark Wainwright and Natasha Barnes running the London Marathon for LOOK this year - Apr 2018
1COR welcomes Natasha Barnes as a new tenant - Mar 2018