Law Pod UK Ep. 134: the significant cases of 2020 - Jan 2021
Michael is developing a varied practice in clinical negligence matters. He is regularly instructed for Claimants and Defendants to draft pleadings, appear in Court and to advise in conference on liability and quantum. Michael was seconded to a leading claimant clinical negligence firm for a year, where he gained significant experience in high value claims.
Recently he has appeared in various CCMCs, PTRs, approval and application hearings.
- Successfully defended a hospital trust at trial in an informed consent case.
- Advised in conference on liability and quantum in claims involving misdiagnosis and Montgomery.
- Drafted a Schedule of Loss in a high value obstetric negligence claim.
- Successfully opposed an application to extend time for service and an application to strike out a Defence.
- Appeared for a Mental Health Trust in a successful application to set aside summary judgement.
- Successfully opposed an application to extend time for service.
- Successfully opposed an application to strike out a Defence as contrary to a pre-action admission.
- Appeared for a Mental Health Trust in a successful application to set aside summary judgement and order an assessment of the Claimant’s capacity.
Inner Temple’s Discovery Day for Schools with Jo Moore and Michael Spencer - Oct 2020
‘See’ you at the Bar Council Pupillage Fair 2020 - Oct 2020
London Legal Support Trust x10 Challenge - Oct 2020
Michael Spencer secures Sure Start Maternity Grant for refugees and kinship carers - Jun 2020
Michael Spencer contributes to 3rd edition of the legal handbook for disabled children - Mar 2020
‘Judicial review trends and forecasts 2019: Public law and technology’ with the Public Law Project - Oct 2019
Jo Moore, Michael Spencer and Thomas Beamont volunteer at Roehampton University Mock Trial - May 2019
1COR welcome Michael Spencer as a tenant - May 2019
1COR welcomes new pupils Darragh Coffey, Thomas Beamont and Michael Spencer - Oct 2018