Michael Deacon represents the family at an inquest into the death of a 17 year old girl in hospital - Nov 2022
Michael is regularly instructed by claimants and defendants in a broad range of clinical negligence work.
- Junior counsel to the Infected Blood Inquiry, also known as the contaminated blood scandal, it has been regarded as one of the most significant adverse public health events in the United Kingdom.
- Raychaudhuri v General Medical Council  EWCA Civ 2027
- Acting for the claimant in a claim against a GP practice for in appropriate gynaecological care.
- Pursuing a claim under the Animals Act 1971 on behalf of a woman left with facial injuries and scarring as the result of a dog bite.
- Representing the family and estate of a former city worker killed while working on a construction site.
1COR Quarterly Medical Law Review – Autumn 2020 – Issue 7 - Feb 2021
Widening Participation with the Inner Temple and Warwick University - Feb 2020
Public Hearings begin in The Infected Blood Inquiry - May 2019
Six members of chambers participate in Inner Temple outreach events - Apr 2019
Infected Blood Inquiry announces innovative plans to allow individuals to give evidence anonymously - Jan 2019
Matthew Hill and Michael Deacon instructed as junior counsel to the Infected Blood Inquiry - Sep 2018
Robert Kellar and Michael Deacon overturn dishonesty finding against doctor in Court of Appeal - Sep 2018
Oliver Sanders QC and Michael Deacon in online data breach appeal - Jul 2018
1COR Annual Professional Discipline Seminar - Jun 2017
UK Human Rights Blog is pick of best legal bloggers by The Times - Feb 2017
Is Crowdfunding the New Way of Financing Judicial Reviews? - Nov 2016
Oliver Sanders and Michael Deacon in case about online data breach - Nov 2016
Michael Deacon acts for family in tragic construction site death - Oct 2015
Two New Members: Diarmuid Laffan and Michael Deacon - Sep 2015
We send a team to annual charity beach volleyball tournament organised by our Brighton Chambers - Jul 2015