The Birmingham Pub Bombings Inquest concludes - Apr 2019
Professional Discipline & Regulation
Matthew has acted for registrants at all stages of GMC and GDC proceedings. He has appeared for doctors and dentists facing allegations of dishonesty and serious professional misconduct at both the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service and the Professional Conduct Committee of the GDC.
Matthew has also represented clients in internal trust proceedings and at inquests. He has advised on a range of medico-legal matters, including those relating to consent and confidentiality and data protection.
- General Medical Council v Dr C: Matthew represented a doctor accused of clinical failings and dishonesty in a case involving the retrospective alteration of medical notes.
- General Dental Council v Dr P: Matthew represented a dentist in a case concerning allegations of dishonesty and misconduct arising from clinical practice.
- Mr C: Matthew represented a surgeon following the death of a patient resulting from errors made during an operation. Matthew appeared at internal trust proceedings and the inquest, and also advices in respect of GMC and criminal investigations.
- CM v General Medical Council: Judicial review proceedings that led to the first successful challenge of the GMC’s ‘pilot scheme’ for charging Fitness to Practise allegations.
- General Medical Council v CM: Matthew was led by Christina Lambert Q.C. in lengthy and complex disciplinary proceedings involving allegations of misconduct arising from spinal surgery performed on a number of patients.
The Birmingham Pub Bombings Inquest opens - Feb 2019
1COR hitting the headlines with Martin Forde QC, Jeremy Hyam QC and Matthew Hill featured in The Lawyer’s Hot 100 2019 - Jan 2019
Infected Blood Inquiry announces innovative plans to allow individuals to give evidence anonymously - Jan 2019
Unlawful Killing – Hillsborough Inquest Handed Down - Apr 2016
Matthew Hill succeeds in former PM costs case - Dec 2018
Neil Sheldon and Matthew Hill in Supreme Court over the correct approach to the assessment of medical evidence in asylum claims - Dec 2018
Delighted to have 1COR, Lizanne Gumbel QC and Matthew Hill nominated in the Legal 500 Awards - Dec 2018
Peter Skelton QC, Matthew Hill and Gideon Barth successful in Court of Appeal inquests challenge - Sep 2018
Matthew Hill and Michael Deacon instructed as junior counsel to the Infected Blood Inquiry - Sep 2018
Neil Sheldon and Matthew Hill instructed in the Westminster Bridge Inquests - Sep 2018
Peter Skelton QC, Matthew Hill and Gideon Barth in Court of Appeal inquests challenge - Jul 2018
Matthew Hill has been instructed as lead junior counsel to the Infected Blood Inquiry - Apr 2018
Owain Thomas QC and Matthew Hill applied for a court order allowing the OPCW to analyse blood samples taken from victims of the Salisbury nerve agent attack - Mar 2018
Shaheen Rahman QC and Matthew Hill speak at the annual Justice Human Rights Law Conference - Oct 2017
Matthew Hill helps family obtain neglect finding at inquest into respite care death - Jul 2017
1 COR Annual Magazine: Bundle now available for clients and colleagues - Jul 2017
Christina Lambert QC Lead Counsel to the new Hillsborough Inquests with Matthew Hill and Paul Reynolds as Junior Counsel - Mar 2014
Philippa Whipple QC lead Counsel to the Detainee Inquiry assisted by Matthew Hill - Dec 2013
Christina Lambert QC has been appointed as Lead Counsel to the new Hillsborough Inquests with Matthew Hill as Junior Counsel - Apr 2013
Nine members of 1COR involved in Al-Sweady Public Inquiry - Mar 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2013 - Feb 2013