Public Hearings begin in The Infected Blood Inquiry - May 2019
Matthew represents claimants and defendants in a wide range of clinical negligence cases, including those involving catastrophic births, spinal injuries and mental health. He has also appeared in group litigation. He has a particular interest in cases concerning secondary victims.
Matthew has extensive experience in representing families, practitioners and organisations at inquests, including before juries and in cases where the enhanced investigative duty under article 2 ECHR is engaged. He has appeared in inquests concerning multiple deaths and in complex medical and mental health cases.
He has experience in cross-jurisdictional clinical negligence claims, including those involving arguments on the selection of the appropriate discount rates.
- LXH v Imperial Healthcare College NHS Trust: Matthew acted for the claimant in a cross-jurisdictional catastrophic birth claim. Led by Henry Witcomb Q.C.
- A. v Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust: Matthew acted for the claimant in a cross-jurisdictional catastrophic birth claim. Led by Christina Lambert Q.C.
- CCC v Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust: Matthew acted for the claimant in a catastrophic birth claim. Led by Angus McCullough QC
- Felix-Thompson Bland v Royal Surrey County Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: Matthew acted for the claimant in a catastrophic birth claim. Led by Angus McCullough QC
- The PIP Breast Implant Group Litigation: Matthew acted for a number of private surgeons in complex group litigation proceedings arising from the withdrawal of PIP breast implants. Led by Stephen Miller QC.
- Inquests arising out of the deaths of ten patients of PM: Matthew appeared for a private healthcare provider in joined inquests concerning the death of ten patients.
- Inquest into the death of Emily Bushaway: Matthew represented the family of a young woman whose death arose from neglect during a period of respite care.
The Birmingham Pub Bombings Inquest concludes - Apr 2019
The Birmingham Pub Bombings Inquest opens - Feb 2019
1COR hitting the headlines with Martin Forde QC, Jeremy Hyam QC and Matthew Hill featured in The Lawyer’s Hot 100 2019 - Jan 2019
Infected Blood Inquiry announces innovative plans to allow individuals to give evidence anonymously - Jan 2019
Matthew Hill succeeds in former PM costs case - Dec 2018
Neil Sheldon and Matthew Hill in Supreme Court over the correct approach to the assessment of medical evidence in asylum claims - Dec 2018
Delighted to have 1COR, Lizanne Gumbel QC and Matthew Hill nominated in the Legal 500 Awards - Dec 2018
Peter Skelton QC, Matthew Hill and Gideon Barth successful in Court of Appeal inquests challenge - Sep 2018
Matthew Hill and Michael Deacon instructed as junior counsel to the Infected Blood Inquiry - Sep 2018
Neil Sheldon and Matthew Hill instructed in the Westminster Bridge Inquests - Sep 2018
Peter Skelton QC, Matthew Hill and Gideon Barth in Court of Appeal inquests challenge - Jul 2018
Matthew Hill has been instructed as lead junior counsel to the Infected Blood Inquiry - Apr 2018
Owain Thomas QC and Matthew Hill applied for a court order allowing the OPCW to analyse blood samples taken from victims of the Salisbury nerve agent attack - Mar 2018
Law Pod UK Ep. 18: Do Judge Led Inquiries work? - Nov 2017
Shaheen Rahman QC and Matthew Hill speak at the annual Justice Human Rights Law Conference - Oct 2017
1 COR Annual Magazine: Bundle now available for clients and colleagues - Jul 2017
Matthew Hill helps family obtain neglect finding at inquest into respite care death - Jul 2017
Unlawful Killing – Hillsborough Inquest Handed Down - Apr 2016
Christina Lambert QC Lead Counsel to the new Hillsborough Inquests with Matthew Hill and Paul Reynolds as Junior Counsel - Mar 2014
Philippa Whipple QC lead Counsel to the Detainee Inquiry assisted by Matthew Hill - Dec 2013
Christina Lambert QC has been appointed as Lead Counsel to the new Hillsborough Inquests with Matthew Hill as Junior Counsel - Apr 2013
Nine members of 1COR involved in Al-Sweady Public Inquiry - Mar 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2013 - Feb 2013