Iain O’Donnell, Matthew Donmall and Emma-Louise Fenelon act in important recent Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) hearing - Feb 2019
Matt has expertise in matters of indirect taxation, including VAT, customs and excise duties, and rating, appearing in tribunals and courts all the way to the Supreme Court. He has particular experience of Rule 18 group litigation, single / multiple supply issues, and classification disputes in respect of technological products.
- Newbigin (Valuation Officer) v S J & J Monk (firm)  UKSC 14: Rating case concerning the meaning of the statutory repair assumption under the Local Government Finance Act 1988.
- Airtours Holiday Transport Ltd v HMRC  UKSC 21: Relating to VAT tax treatment of supplies in a tripartite scenario.
- General Healthcare Group v HMRC  UKUT 315 (TCC): Single / multiple supply dispute relating to provision of prostheses by hospitals.
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Ltd v Revenue & Customs  EWCA Civ 1211: VAT treatment of a motor vehicle finance agreement.
- Amino Communications Ltd v HMRC  UKFTT 0035 (TC): Concerning the proper classification of internet-protocol set top boxes.
The Kenyan Emergency Group Litigation is at an end - Nov 2018
Guy Mansfield QC upholds Kenya Emergency Group Litigation judgment in Court of Appeal - Oct 2018
Sarabjit Singh to lead Matt Donmall in landmark rating law case in Supreme Court on Monday - Nov 2016
Angus McCullough QC and Matthew Donmall appear in civil claim arising out of attempted murder in Kyrgyz Republic - Sep 2016
Owain Thomas QC and Matthew Donmall win Supreme Court VAT case on third party consideration - May 2016
Owain Thomas QC and Matthew Donmall in the Supreme Court - Mar 2016
Owain Thomas and Matthew Donmall obtain a reference by the Court of Appeal to the CJEU in VAT case - Nov 2015
Matthew Donmall appointed to the B Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown - Jul 2015
Philippa Whipple QC and Matthew Donmall win Court of Appeal case on public funding - Jun 2015
1COR team in the London Bikeathon supporting Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research - Sep 2013
Owain Thomas and Matthew Donmall win for HMRC in test case on VAT liability for medical supplies - May 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2013 - Feb 2013
Ten 1COR members and our Chambers Academic have contributed to the 3rd Edition of “Burnett-Hall on Environmental Law” - Feb 2013
Team of four from 1COR in Supreme Court win in nuclear testing limitation case - Mar 2012
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2012 - Feb 2012
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A and C Panels - Feb 2011
Court of Appeal victory for Ministry of Defence in Atomic Veterans case - Dec 2010