Brain damaged child receives over £11m in compensation in clinical negligence claim - May 2020
In clinical negligence, his practice includes work for both claimants and defendants, covering a range from low value claims up to the highest value catastrophic brain injuries.
“Astute, quick-thinking and tenacious.” “He is very impressive in court and in cross-examinations.” “He is excellent, particularly in terms of his advice on tactics and in negotiations at settlement meetings.” (Chambers &Partners 2021)
‘An excellent advocate who gets to the nub of the case very quickly.’ (Legal 500 2021)
‘He is skilled at keeping discussions on track on the issues that matter.’ (Legal 500 2019)
“Tenacious and robust on his feet.” “An exceptionally bright mind blended with great pragmatism and tactical thinking.” (Chambers & Partners 2018)
“An excellent practitioner and a very, very good advocate.” “He has an exceptionally bright mind blended with great pragmatism and tactical thinking.” (Chambers &Partners 2017)
He is recommended in this field in Chambers & Partners 2016 as “a really pugnacious advocate” and “an excellent junior who managed some difficult issues with tricky experts extremely well in conference.”
- KXM v Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University LHB (2020).
- SM v KB (2020).
- ES (MS) v Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (1) East & North Hertfordshire NHS Trust (2) Hertfordshire Constabulary (3) (2020).
- RH and Ors v Doncaster and Bassettlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (2020).
- RD (GD) v Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust (2020).
- Awofodu v University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust (2019).
- Dr M v Barking, Havering & Redbridge University NHS Trust (2019).
- Carter v Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust (2019).
- Watts v North Bristol NHS Foundation Trust (2019).
- Sales-Lucas v Sheard (2019).
- Holmes v West London Mental Health Trust (2018).
- Watts v The Secretary of State for Health  EWHC 2835 (QB).
- William Long v Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust  EWHC 0251 (QB).
- Julie Connolly v Croydon Health Services NHS Trust  EWHC 1339 (QB).
- R (St Mary Magdalene Academy) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 725 (Admin).
- R (JB Jamaica) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  1WLR 1060.
- Marion Miller v Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust  EWHC 3772 (QB).
- Ahmed Oukhellou v Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 2303 (QB).
- Simon Samuda v Secretary of State for Work & Pensions  3 All ER 201.
- R (Gibson) v Secretary of State for Justice  1 WLR 2658.
- R (JB Jamaica) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  1 WLR 836.
- Asmat Ali Shah v North West London Hospital NHS Trust  EWHC 4088 (QB).
- Michael Gordon Matthews v Buckingham Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 753 (QB).
The End, the Beginning of the End or the End of the Beginning: Erasure, Remediation and Rights of Appeal in Disciplinary Proceedings - Nov 2018
Jeremy Hyam QC and Matthew Barnes in significant clinical negligence case on Part 36 offers and indemnity costs - Jul 2018
1COR Annual Professional Discipline Seminar - Jun 2017
1COR quiz team wins the Leigh Day / Silverlining Brain Injury Charity Quiz night - Feb 2015
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2013 - Feb 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2012 - Feb 2012