The End, the Beginning of the End or the End of the Beginning: Erasure, Remediation and Rights of Appeal in Disciplinary Proceedings - Nov 2018
In clinical negligence, his practice includes work for both claimants and defendants, covering a range from low value claims up to the highest value catastrophic brain injuries.
“Tenacious and robust on his feet.” “An exceptionally bright mind blended with great pragmatism and tactical thinking.” (Chambers & Partners 2018)
“An excellent practitioner and a very, very good advocate.” “He has an exceptionally bright mind blended with great pragmatism and tactical thinking.” (Chambers &Partners 2017)
He is recommended in this field in Chambers & Partners 2016 as “a really pugnacious advocate” and “an excellent junior who managed some difficult issues with tricky experts extremely well in conference.”
- Holmes v West London Mental Health Trust (2018).
- Watts v The Secretary of State for Health  EWHC 2835 (QB).
- William Long v Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust  EWHC 0251 (QB).
- Julie Connolly v Croydon Health Services NHS Trust  EWHC 1339 (QB).
- R (St Mary Magdalene Academy) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 725 (Admin).
- R (JB Jamaica) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  1WLR 1060.
- Marion Miller v Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust  EWHC 3772 (QB).
- Ahmed Oukhellou v Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 2303 (QB).
- Simon Samuda v Secretary of State for Work & Pensions  3 All ER 201.
- R (Gibson) v Secretary of State for Justice  1 WLR 2658.
- R (JB Jamaica) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  1 WLR 836.
- Asmat Ali Shah v North West London Hospital NHS Trust  EWHC 4088 (QB).
- Michael Gordon Matthews v Buckingham Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 753 (QB).
Jeremy Hyam QC and Matthew Barnes in significant clinical negligence case on Part 36 offers and indemnity costs - Jul 2018
1COR Annual Professional Discipline Seminar - Jun 2017
1COR quiz team wins the Leigh Day / Silverlining Brain Injury Charity Quiz night - Feb 2015
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2013 - Feb 2013
New Appointments to the Attorney General’s A, B and C Panels – February 2012 - Feb 2012