Leanne Woods secures settlement for psychiatric injury suffered by mother after a still-birth - May 2020
Leanne undertakes a broad range of public law and human rights work for both claimants and defendants in the fields of:
- Health and mental health
- Professional discipline and regulatory proceedings
- Police law
She also has significant experience of dealing with disclosure and public interest immunity issues, including High Court applications.
- Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis v NHS England: Instructed by the Metropolitan Police in a judicial review of the publication of conclusions reached by NHS England in a serious incident report that criticised the police’s exercise of powers under s.136 Mental Health Act 1983.
- W v Ministry of Justice: Acting for the MoJ in a claim brought for an alleged breach of Article 8 arising out of a prison service decision to prevent contact between a father and son.
- Advising HM Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services in relation to a number of public law issues and the inspection regime.
- S v Ministry of Justice: Acting for the MoJ in a number of HRA claims arising from alleged discrimination on the grounds of religion.
- X v Google Inc. : Acting for a police force in a High Court application to vary an order for disclosure of information based on the potential prejudice that disclosure would have to the police investigation into serious crime. Application was made urgently and without notice and included requests for anonymity.
- M v Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis: Representing the Metropolitan Police in a judicial review challenge to a police decision not to refer a case to the CPS prior to discontinuing an investigation into a rape allegation.
Leanne Woods discusses Fatal Claims at the AvMA Clinical Negligence: Law Practice & Procedure 2020 - Jan 2020
Clodagh Bradley QC elected Chair of the Professional Negligence Bar Association - Jan 2020
International Women’s Day: Joanna Glynn QC, Clodagh Bradley QC, Suzanne Lambert & Leanne Woods reflect on life at the Bar - Mar 2019
Leanne Woods speaks on disclosure at AvMA Inquests Conference - May 2018
1COR members featured in the latest AvMA Newsletter - Apr 2018
Clodagh Bradley QC appointed as Vice Chair and Leanne Woods elected as an Executive Committee Member of the PNBA - Dec 2017
Peter Skelton QC and Robert Wastell, Leanne Woods instructed as counsel for the inquest into Mr Perepilichnyy’s death - Apr 2017
Leanne Woods appointed to the Attorney General’s B Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown - Jul 2016
Leanne Woods appears in inquest into death of 14 year old girl in psychiatric in-patient care - Jun 2016
Leanne Woods acts in high profile inquest into millionaire’s death - Jul 2015