Leanne Woods speaks on disclosure at AvMA Inquests Conference - May 2018
Leanne undertakes a broad range of public law and human rights work for both claimants and defendants in the fields of:
- Health and mental health
- Professional discipline and regulatory proceedings
- Police law
She also has significant experience of dealing with disclosure and public interest immunity issues, including High Court applications.
- Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis v NHS England: Instructed by the Metropolitan Police in a judicial review of the publication of conclusions reached by NHS England in a serious incident report that criticised the police’s exercise of powers under s.136 Mental Health Act 1983.
- W v Ministry of Justice: Acted for the MoJ in a claim brought for an alleged breach of Article 8 arising out of a prison service decision to prevent contact between a father and son.
- X v Google Inc. : Acted for a police force in a High Court application to vary an order for disclosure of information based on the potential prejudice that disclosure would have to the police investigation into serious crime. Application was made urgently and without notice and included requests for anonymity.
- M v Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis: Represented the Metropolitan Police in a judicial review challenge to a police decision not to refer a case to the CPS prior to discontinuing an investigation into a rape allegation.
1COR members featured in the latest AvMA Newsletter - Apr 2018
Clodagh Bradley QC appointed as Vice Chair and Leanne Woods elected as an Executive Committee Member of the PNBA - Dec 2017
Peter Skelton QC and Robert Wastell, Leanne Woods instructed as counsel for the inquest into Mr Perepilichnyy’s death - Apr 2017
Leanne Woods appointed to the Attorney General’s B Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown - Jul 2016
Leanne Woods appears in inquest into death of 14 year old girl in psychiatric in-patient care - Jun 2016
Leanne Woods acts in high profile inquest into millionaire’s death - Jul 2015