Leanne Woods secures settlement for psychiatric injury suffered by mother after a still-birth - May 2020
Leanne has a wealth of experience of inquests, including a number of high profile, long-running cases. She regularly acts in Article 2 inquests for families, NHS Trusts, healthcare practitioners, the prison service and police forces. She frequently acts for medical staff in death in custody inquests.
She has specialist knowledge of dealing with public interest immunity issues in the context of inquests, including applications to the High Court.
Leanne also sits as an Assistant Coroner in London East.
- Inquest into the death of Alexander Perepilichnyy: Junior counsel to the inquest in this inquest into the unexplained death of a Russian national on British soil in which Russian state involvement was alleged.
- HM Coroner for Surrey v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 3001 (Admin): Junior counsel for the Surrey Coroner in the Home Secretary’s application to withhold documents from an inquest on public interest immunity grounds.
- Inquest into the death of Daryl Hargrave: Acting for the Prison and Probation Service in a 4 week inquest into the suicide of a young prisoner who suffered from psychosis.
- Inquest into the death of Amy El-Keria: Acting for a psychiatrist in 4 week inquest into the death of a 14 year old who died while having psychiatric care at the Priory Hospital.
- Inquest into the death of Daniel Maynard: Acting for the Metropolitan Police Service in inquest into death of a mentally ill man who killed himself after police contact.
- Hillsborough inquests: Worked with Charles Russell Speechlys as part of the legal team acting for The FA.
- Inquest into the death of Scot Young: Representing a mental health trust in the inquest into the death of a millionaire who died after falling onto railings outside his flat, shortly after being discharged from a mental health facility.
- Inquests into the 52 deaths arising from the 7 July 2005 London bombings: Instructed as sole junior for the British Transport Police.
Leanne Woods discusses Fatal Claims at the AvMA Clinical Negligence: Law Practice & Procedure 2020 - Jan 2020
Clodagh Bradley QC elected Chair of the Professional Negligence Bar Association - Jan 2020
International Women’s Day: Joanna Glynn QC, Clodagh Bradley QC, Suzanne Lambert & Leanne Woods reflect on life at the Bar - Mar 2019
Leanne Woods speaks on disclosure at AvMA Inquests Conference - May 2018
1COR members featured in the latest AvMA Newsletter - Apr 2018
Clodagh Bradley QC appointed as Vice Chair and Leanne Woods elected as an Executive Committee Member of the PNBA - Dec 2017
Peter Skelton QC and Robert Wastell, Leanne Woods instructed as counsel for the inquest into Mr Perepilichnyy’s death - Apr 2017
Leanne Woods appointed to the Attorney General’s B Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown - Jul 2016
Leanne Woods appears in inquest into death of 14 year old girl in psychiatric in-patient care - Jun 2016
Leanne Woods acts in high profile inquest into millionaire’s death - Jul 2015