1COR Seminar: Pitfalls for Professionals on Social Media - May 2023
Leanne is a very experienced inquests barrister, who also sits as an Assistant Coroner. She is instructed in challenging and high profile inquests, often involving death in state detention and sensitive mental health issues. Leanne mainly acts for families, healthcare bodies and professionals, care homes, the MOJ, the MOD and police forces. She has acted as junior counsel in the inquest into the sudden death of Russian businessman Alexander Perepilichnyy (including related High Court proceedings involving public interest immunity).
- Inquest into death of CB: represented employer in inquest concerning self-inflicted death of an employee.
- Inquest into death of Wayne Hurren: acted for MOJ in inquest into death of high profile prisoner.
- Inquest into the death of Peter Dray: acted for a CCG in complex 4 week jury inquest into the death of man who from sepsis and advanced infection in a care home, while under NHS Continuing Care.
- Inquest into death of SDF: appeared for Metropolitan Police Service at inquest into death of woman in police custody.
- Inquest into death of HN: self-inflicted death of young man with learning disabilities in young offenders’ institution.
- Inquest into death of Baby F: represented family of stillborn baby at inquest in which Coroner identified 11 recommendations in Preventing Future Deaths report.
- Inquest into death of Alexander Perepilichnny: junior counsel to the inquest in sudden death of Russian businessman on UK soil, in which Russian state involvement was alleged.
- HM Coroner for Surrey v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 3001: junior counsel for the Surrey Coroner in the Home Secretary’s application to withhold documents on public interest immunity grounds.
- Inquest into death of Amy El-Keria: acting for psychiatrist in 4 week inquest into death of a 14 year old who died while in the Priory Hospital.
- Inquests into the 52 deaths arising from the 7 July 2005 London bombings: instructed as sole junior counsel for the British Transport Police.
Congratulations to our four members appointed to the Attorney General’s Panel of Counsel - Aug 2022
Get insight from Leanne Woods and Jessica Elliott at AvMA’s Clinical Negligence: Law Practice and Procedure 2021 - Jan 2021
Coroner makes 11 recommendations in inquest involving a stillbirth - Nov 2020
Inquests in Interesting Times Webinar - Jun 2020
Leanne Woods secures settlement for psychiatric injury suffered by mother after a still-birth - May 2020
Leanne Woods discusses Fatal Claims at the AvMA Clinical Negligence: Law Practice & Procedure 2020 - Jan 2020
Clodagh Bradley QC elected Chair of the Professional Negligence Bar Association - Jan 2020
International Women’s Day: Joanna Glynn QC, Clodagh Bradley QC, Suzanne Lambert & Leanne Woods reflect on life at the Bar - Mar 2019
Leanne Woods speaks on disclosure at AvMA Inquests Conference - May 2018
1COR members featured in the latest AvMA Newsletter - Apr 2018
Clodagh Bradley QC appointed as Vice Chair and Leanne Woods elected as an Executive Committee Member of the PNBA - Dec 2017
Peter Skelton QC and Robert Wastell, Leanne Woods instructed as counsel for the inquest into Mr Perepilichnyy’s death - Apr 2017
Leanne Woods appointed to the Attorney General’s B Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown - Jul 2016
Leanne Woods appears in inquest into death of 14 year old girl in psychiatric in-patient care - Jun 2016
Leanne Woods acts in high profile inquest into millionaire’s death - Jul 2015