Law Pod UK Ep. 94: A Rogue Prorogation? - Sep 2019
Jonathan is regularly instructed by claimants in immigration matters, including for judicial review (see Immigration). He is also developing a practice in prison law, where has undertaken advisory work for long-sentence prisoners in relation to potential claims for judicial review under Article 5.
- SS v Secretary of State for the Home Department (2019): Successful claim for judicial review arising from unreasonable refusal of Article 8 claim without right of appeal. Decision withdrawn following grant of permission on the papers.
- MJ v Secretary of State for the Home Department (2018): Permission to apply for judicial review granted at oral hearing in relation to a claim that the SSHD erred in assessment of whether Section 3C Leave had been extinguished. Decision withdrawn following grant of permission.
- DC and OC v Entry Clearance Officer (2018): Successful judicial review of refusal of visit visas on the basis that the immigration interviews were conducted unfairly. Decision withdrawn and visit visas granted following consideration of written grounds.
- MC and ML v Secretary of State for the Home Department (2018): Out of hours telephone application to the Administrative Court for an urgent injunction against removal to the Philippines. Praised by the judge for arguing “with considerable determination and ingenuity”.
- FN v Secretary of State for the Home Department (2018): Out of hours application to the Administrative Court for an urgent injunction against removal to Afghanistan. Prepared judicial review grounds and undertook telephone hearing.
- MD v Secretary of State for the Home Department (2018): Upper Tribunal judicial review arising out of defective service of a decision notice. Prepared amended grounds and undertook hearing. Subsequently instructed to prepare application for First-tier Tribunal appeal out of time for which permission was granted.
- AN v Ministry of Justice (2017): Advice on quantum in relation to unlawful detention claim.
Jonathan Metzer and Charlotte Gilmartin to travel the world as Pegasus Scholars in 2019 - Sep 2019
1COR walk in the LLST’s London Legal Walk 2019 - Jun 2019
Scope of Duty and Causation: Chester v Afshar Revisited - Jun 2019
Jonathan Metzer appears in significant double inquest in Ipswich - Apr 2019
Law Pod UK Ep. 59: The cases that defined 2018 - Dec 2018
Success for local residents’ association in Pro Bono Planning Inquiry - Dec 2018
Jonathan Metzer nominated for ‘Young Pro Bono Barrister of the Year’ in the Bar Pro Bono Awards 2018 - Oct 2018
Jonathan Metzer succeeds in Sri Lanka asylum appeal - Jun 2018
Law Pod UK Ep. 24: Right of residence under EU rules - Mar 2018
Jonathan Metzer succeeds in sham marriage appeal - Feb 2018
Jonathan Metzer and Charlotte Gilmartin appear in significant planning inquiry regarding proposed development - Feb 2018