Jonathan Metzer appears in significant double inquest in Ipswich - Apr 2019
Inquests in the Coroners’ Court are a significant part of Jonathan’s practice. He appears regularly in cases involving medical or psychiatric treatment, in which he has particular expertise in representing families.
- Kemp and Kemp (2019): 6 day inquest convened under Article 2 into the deaths of a married couple who were discovered with multiple stab wounds hours after the husband had been discharged from hospital after attempting suicide. Coroner recorded a narrative conclusion which included significant criticisms of the care provided at the mental health hospital trust.
- IJ (2019): Inquest arising from death of elderly women following failure by hospital trust to arrange adequate anticoagulation follow-up, amid serious allegations of abuse by care home. Instructed by the family.
- KM (2019): 2 day inquest arising out of a death after 24 hours in intensive care following a failed intubation. Represented consultant intensivist who had been subject to significant but poorly-founded criticism in the hospital trust’s serious incident report.
- JW (2018): Deceased died after a two-week period in hospital in which she did not receive a necessary operation to reattach her gastric feeding tube. Article 2 inquest with conclusion which included finding of neglect by hospital trust in three separate ways. Instructed by the family.
- DG (2018): Deceased discovered in state of asphyxiation at his local park. Conclusion of suicide recorded. Instructed by GP who had had consultation with deceased several days before his death.
- LD (2017): Deceased died after apparently jumping off cliff over the Port of Dover. Article 2 inquest with narrative conclusion. Coroner also wrote a letter to the Care Quality Commission regarding his concerns. Instructed by the family.
Jonathan Metzer and Charlotte Gilmartin to travel the world as Pegasus Scholars in 2019 - Feb 2019
Success for local residents’ association in Pro Bono Planning Inquiry - Dec 2018
Jonathan Metzer nominated for ‘Young Pro Bono Barrister of the Year’ in the Bar Pro Bono Awards 2018 - Oct 2018
Jonathan Metzer succeeds in Sri Lanka asylum appeal - Jun 2018
Jonathan Metzer succeeds in sham marriage appeal - Feb 2018
Jonathan Metzer and Charlotte Gilmartin appear in significant planning inquiry regarding proposed development - Feb 2018