John Whitting QC and Charlotte Gilmartin discuss the trial of going to trial at Clyde & Co’s first training seminar of 2020 - Feb 2020
In the clinical sphere, he has represented claimants and defendant Trusts and MDO’s in an extremely wide range of complex and high value claims; his experience also extends into inquests / coronial law as well as product liability in the health context.
Listen to John discuss informed consent and how much direction patients actually want on Law Pod UK here.
- AB v East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust  EWHC 3542 (QB).
- Cerys Clement v Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust  EWHC 2064 (QB).
- Oliver v North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust .
- FB v Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 334 (QB).
- RE v Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 824 (QB).
- H v Southend Hospital NHS Trust  EWHC 823 (QB).
- McGuinn v Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust  EWHC 88 (QB).
- Crossman v St. George’s Healthcare NHS Trust  EWHC 2878 (QB).
- Kelly Marie Simmons v City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 2953 (QB).
- Smith v University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust  EWHC 817 (QB).
- Zeb v Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 134 (QB).
- Tasmin v Barts Health NHS Trust  EWHC 3135 (QB).
- Harman v East Kent Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 1662 (QB).
- FB v Rana et al  EWHC 1536.
- A v East Kent University NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 1038 (QB).
- Thomas v Curley  EWCA Civ 117.
- Croft v Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 1470 (QB).
- Naraji v Dr. Shelbourne and others  EWHC 3298 (QB).
- Kingsberry v Greater Manchester Strategic Health Authority  EWHC 2253.
- Lillywhite v UCL Hospitals NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 1466.
- Morris v Blackpool Victoria Hospital NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 1294.
John Whitting QC successfully defends NHS Trust in High Court clinical negligence trial - Dec 2019
Law Pod UK Ep. 64: Informed Consent – how much direction do patients actually want? - Feb 2019
The Liability of Private Hospitals & Clinics: Lessons from the Paterson Litigation - Nov 2018
Henry Witcomb QC and John Whitting QC in record £37 million clinical negligence settlement - Oct 2018
John Whitting QC instructed by Welsh Government in £50m action - Sep 2018
John Whitting QC wins high profile post natal collapse trial - Aug 2018
John Whitting QC successfully defends Leigh Day in professional negligence action - Jul 2018
The Liability of Private Hospitals and Clinics - Feb 2018
John Whitting QC succeeds in application to withdraw admission of liability and to revoke consent order entering judgment - Oct 2016
John Whitting QC in clinical negligence abuse of process strike out - Jul 2016
John Whitting QC strikes out claim by patient’s relatives over missed diagnosis of genetic disorder - Apr 2016
John Whitting QC in successful trial defence of neonatal team - Mar 2016
John Whitting QC succeeds in innovative defence of interim payment application - Feb 2016
John Whitting QC successful in pivotal post Montgomery clinical negligence trial - Oct 2015
John Whitting QC argues important quantum of damages principle in High Court - Jun 2015
John Whitting QC represents Hospital Trust in successful defence of meningitis claim - Jun 2015
John Whitting QC successfully defends Trust in wrongful birth claim and first case to test the scope of Montgomery - Apr 2015
John Whitting QC instructed as lead counsel in a pioneering product liability action against Novartis Plc - Jan 2015
John Whitting QC in landmark decision by Court of Appeal about doctors’ responsibility for product literature - May 2014
John Whitting QC successfully defends orthopaedic surgeon in claim by professional goalkeeper - Oct 2013
John Whitting QC for the Medical Protection Society in a leading case in the Court of Appeal on the application of res ipsa loquitur in Clinical Negligence - Feb 2013
John Whitting QC appointed to the Welsh Government Panel of Queen’s Counsel - Sep 2012
John Whitting QC successfully defends obstetric team at Solihull Hospital in High Court trial - May 2012
David Hart QC and John Whitting defend Mace & Jones in £50m negligence claim - Dec 2010