John has been involved in PI cases ever since joining chambers in 1986. In recent years, his most notable cases have included the following:
- An action against a local authority for poor road signage. It resulted in a significant six-figure settlement.
- An action against the police in respect of a RTA.
- A claim against a shop, following a slipping accident.
- Industrial injury claims e.g severe head injury following an accident on a building site.
- Claim against an ambulance authority for delay in delivering the claimant.
- A number of ‘subtle brain injury’ claims.
John Gimlette explores ‘Fundamental Dishonesty’ in the latest AvMA Newsletter - Apr 2020
In the March 2020 issue of the AvMA newsletter, John Gimlette covers ‘Secrets and Lies’, exploring the world of ‘Fundamental Dishonesty’ in medical negligence claims on pg. 19. Subscribe...
Our barristers appeared on both sides in the settlement of the Charlie Scott cerebral palsy case - Jan 2013